want photo combining software

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tony Gartshore, Nov 13, 2007.

  1. In article <65cca$473a1427$d80c3dbb$>,
    says...
    > A while back I remember seeing some software on the web that was able to
    > take 2 or more digital stills and combine them into a single photo of higher
    > quality. I think it might have been software that was written by, and used
    > for astronimical purposes. I lost this source though. The idea is that 2
    > photos, taken at least a few pixels shifted from one another, are combined
    > into a higher resolution single image.

    Registax ?

    http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

    T.

    Tony Gartshore, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Tony Gartshore

    John Bean Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 01:25:14 -0500, "Jim" <>
    wrote:

    >Any ideas on what might be available to do this in Windows?

    PhotoAcute.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Tony Gartshore

    Jim Guest

    A while back I remember seeing some software on the web that was able to
    take 2 or more digital stills and combine them into a single photo of higher
    quality. I think it might have been software that was written by, and used
    for astronimical purposes. I lost this source though. The idea is that 2
    photos, taken at least a few pixels shifted from one another, are combined
    into a higher resolution single image.

    I have found: SupaImage V2 (PRO) on the web that even has a downloadable
    trial
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/gi/dy..._&tt=14&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http://www.imageip.com/
    that says;
    Improve your digital photos by combining the detail of two similar images
    into one of greater resolution (more pixels).
    but it is for MAC only and I am running Windows.

    I want to try and improve the photos I take with my digital microscope
    camera, which is pretty limited in pixel size.

    Any ideas on what might be available to do this in Windows?

    Thanks
    Jim

    Jim, Nov 14, 2007
  4. Tony Gartshore

    roentarre Guest

    photo shop using auto stich!

    roentarre, Nov 14, 2007
  5. Tony Gartshore

    John Bean Guest

    On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 23:12:50 -0800, roentarre
    <> wrote:

    >photo shop using auto stich!

    That's not what the OP asked about - he wants improved
    resolution.

    --
    John Bean

    John Bean, Nov 14, 2007