    view>tab bar to make my unwanted tab bar vanish. Their surely is a
    Firefox2 setting to permanently make my tab bar go away, but I cannot
    find it. Could anyone here help?

    mineola, Mar 18, 2008

  2. mineola

    Miller Guest

    *mineola* wrote:
    > I use Firefox 2.0.0.12. I thought I'd like to try Firefox 3, so I
    > downloaded and installed a beta version. I didn't like Firefox 3 so I
    > uninstalled the beta and re-installed Firefox 2. My Firefox 2 now has
    > the very thing I didn't like in Firefox 3, my Firefox 2 browser has a
    > tab bar that I can't make go away and stay gone. If I click on
    > view>tab bar, it's not checked, but clicking on it leaves it still
    > unchecked, but makes my tab bar disappear for that session. However
    > the next time I launch Firefox2, my tab bar is there again, and to
    > make it go away, I again have to click on view>tab bar.
    >
    > So it seems that every time I launch Fixfox2 now, I have to click on
    > view>tab bar to make my unwanted tab bar vanish. Their surely is a
    > Firefox2 setting to permanently make my tab bar go away, but I cannot
    > find it. Could anyone here help?

    Type about:config into the locationbar and search for browser.tabs.autoHide

    "Behavior for the tab bar when only one tab exists
    True (default): Hide the tab bar
    False: Always show the tab bar
    Note: In Firefox, this can be changed via "Tools, Options, Tabs,
    Always show the tab bar" (Firefox 2)"

    Doubleclicking the value will change it.

    If you want no tab bar *at all* change browser.tabs.forceHide to true

    HTH, M.

    Miller, Mar 18, 2008

  3. mineola

    mineola Guest

    On Mar 18, 3:19 pm, Miller <> wrote:
    > *mineola* wrote:
    > > I use Firefox 2.0.0.12. I thought I'd like to try Firefox 3, so I
    > > downloaded and installed a beta version. I didn't like Firefox 3 so I
    > > uninstalled the beta and re-installed Firefox 2. My Firefox 2 now has
    > > the very thing I didn't like in Firefox 3, my Firefox 2 browser has a
    > > tab bar that I can't make go away and stay gone. If I click on
    > > view>tab bar, it's not checked, but clicking on it leaves it still
    > > unchecked, but makes my tab bar disappear for that session. However
    > > the next time I launch Firefox2, my tab bar is there again, and to
    > > make it go away, I again have to click on view>tab bar.

    > > So it seems that every time I launch Fixfox2 now, I have to click on
    > > view>tab bar to make my unwanted tab bar vanish. Their surely is a
    > > Firefox2 setting to permanently make my tab bar go away, but I cannot
    > > find it. Could anyone here help?

    > Type about:config into the locationbar and search for browser.tabs.autoHide
    >
    > "Behavior for the tab bar when only one tab exists
    > True (default): Hide the tab bar
    > False: Always show the tab bar
    > Note: In Firefox, this can be changed via "Tools, Options, Tabs,
    > Always show the tab bar" (Firefox 2)"
    >
    > Doubleclicking the value will change it.
    >
    > If you want no tab bar *at all* change browser.tabs.forceHide to true
    >
    > HTH, M.

    I must have a bug here. My browser.tabs.forceHide is "true", but I
    still get a tab bar

    mineola, Mar 20, 2008