Wanna go insane?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jul 15, 2005.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Jul 15, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. ~misfit~

    Robert Cooze Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Try this for a few minutes:
    >
    > http://home.cwru.edu/~jnt5/Planarity/
    >
    > --
    > ~misfit~
    >
    >

    Neet!

    now if somthing like a shoot em up ahd the amount of thinkning like that!



    I was thinking of building a bridge and burning it.

    --
    http://cooze.co.nz home of the RecyclerMan aka Robert Cooze

    / __/ / / / / /__ / / ___/ / __/ / / / |/ / /__ /
    / / / /_/ / / /_/ / _-' / __/ / / / /_/ / / /| / _-'
    ___\ ____/ ____/ /___/ /____/ /_/ ___\ ____/ /_/ /_/ |_/ /___/
     
    Robert Cooze, Jul 15, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Try this for a few minutes:
    >
    > http://home.cwru.edu/~jnt5/Planarity/
    >


    Score 3074.

    I solved level 5 in 4 minutes something and Level 6 in 31:01. Life is too
    short.for Level 7.

    Tony.
     
    The Black Wibble, Jul 16, 2005
    #3
  4. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The Black Wibble wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Try this for a few minutes:
    >>
    >> http://home.cwru.edu/~jnt5/Planarity/
    >>

    >
    > Score 3074.
    >
    > I solved level 5 in 4 minutes something and Level 6 in 31:01. Life
    > is too short.for Level 7.


    Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even manage to
    solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jul 16, 2005
    #4
  5. ~misfit~

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:38:51 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even manage to
    > solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)


    Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #329409 +(3857)- [X]

    <benja> A worldwide survey was conducted by the UN. The only question
    asked was:"Would you please give your honest opinion about solutions to the
    food shortage in the rest of the world?"
    <benja> The survey was a huge failure...
    <benja> In Africa they didn't know what "food" meant.
    <benja> In Eastern Europe they didn't know what "honest" meant.
    <benja> In Western Europe they didn't know what "shortage" meant.
    <benja> In China they didn't know what "opinion" meant.
    <benja> In the Middle East they didn't know what "solution" meant.
    <benja> In South America they didn't know what "please" meant.
    <benja> And in the USA they didn't know what "the rest of the world" meant


    Note: All my comments are copyright 16/07/2005 2:09:17 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
     
    Brendan, Jul 16, 2005
    #5
  6. ~misfit~

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:10:02 +1200, Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:38:51 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even manage to
    >> solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)

    >
    >Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.


    Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)

    --
    Ray Greene.
     
    Ray Greene, Jul 16, 2005
    #6
  7. ~misfit~

    Brendan Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:00:05 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:

    >>Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.

    >
    > Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)


    lol, yeah gets that way. Apparently, according to the faq, some do not have
    a solution. I found a lot of variation in difficulty - generally they got
    harder, but it went up and down a bit.

    Simply moving the mouse around soo bloody much takes the time.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #309397 +(4748)- [X]

    <VolteFace`> don't you hate it when you shit on the floor, and you can hear
    it fall but you have no idea where it actually landed, and spend like 5
    minutes looking for it
    <peng> ...
    <peng> what?
    <VolteFace`> oh shit
    <VolteFace`> don't you hate it when you DROP shit


    Note: All my comments are copyright 16/07/2005 9:13:05 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
     
    Brendan, Jul 16, 2005
    #7
  8. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ray Greene wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:10:02 +1200, Brendan
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:38:51 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even
    >>> manage to solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)

    >>
    >> Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.

    >
    > Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)


    Amazing, I couldn't maintain the concentration that long. Well done.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jul 16, 2005
    #8
  9. ~misfit~

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 21:51:44 +1200, Brendan <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:00:05 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:
    >
    >>>Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.

    >>
    >> Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)

    >
    >lol, yeah gets that way. Apparently, according to the faq, some do not have
    >a solution. I found a lot of variation in difficulty - generally they got
    >harder, but it went up and down a bit.


    I think 12 was harder than 13. 14 was too hard and I gave up and watched Men
    In Black instead.

    >Simply moving the mouse around soo bloody much takes the time.


    When I finally gave up my wrist was starting to hurt quite bad. The damn game
    is dangerous!

    --
    Ray Greene
     
    Ray Greene, Jul 16, 2005
    #9
  10. ~misfit~

    Ray Greene Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:29:13 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    wrote:

    >Ray Greene wrote:
    >> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:10:02 +1200, Brendan
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 12:38:51 +1200, ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even
    >>>> manage to solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)
    >>>
    >>> Level 9, 32 mins, got bored with it after that.

    >>
    >> Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)

    >
    >Amazing, I couldn't maintain the concentration that long. Well done.


    Thanks :)

    I finished 13 but 14 was just too hard and there wasn't enough screen space
    to lay everything out clearly.

    It's a lot like cleaning up a badly done electrical drawing, which I
    sometimes have to do at work. I think it would be an excellent tool for
    training printed circuit board designers :)

    --
    Ray Greene.
     
    Ray Greene, Jul 16, 2005
    #10
  11. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ray Greene wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:29:13 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ray Greene wrote:
    >>> Level 11, 20:17. My head hurts and I can't see straight :)

    >>
    >> Amazing, I couldn't maintain the concentration that long. Well done.

    >
    > Thanks :)
    >
    > I finished 13 but 14 was just too hard and there wasn't enough screen
    > space to lay everything out clearly.
    >
    > It's a lot like cleaning up a badly done electrical drawing, which I
    > sometimes have to do at work. I think it would be an excellent tool
    > for training printed circuit board designers :)


    Good point. I didn't see the correlation at first (probably because I've
    never designed printed circuit boards) but, yes, very similar.
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jul 17, 2005
    #11
  12. ~misfit~

    J.wilson Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > The Black Wibble wrote:
    >> "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Try this for a few minutes:
    >>>
    >>> http://home.cwru.edu/~jnt5/Planarity/
    >>>

    >>
    >> Score 3074.
    >>
    >> I solved level 5 in 4 minutes something and Level 6 in 31:01. Life
    >> is too short.for Level 7.

    >
    > Wow! Well done Tony. You got further than I did, I didn't even manage to
    > solve level 6, I had to go to bed. :)
    > --
    > ~misfit~


    Level 1 only. Looked at level 2 and thought 'why the hell am
    I doing this?
     
    J.wilson, Jul 17, 2005
    #12
  13. ~misfit~

    Brendan Guest

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:58:06 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:

    > I think 12 was harder than 13. 14 was too hard and I gave up and watched Men
    > In Black instead.


    And in your spare time you arrange sand grains on the beach ? lol, only
    joking.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #10958 +(3922)- [X]

    (morganj): 0 is false and 1 is true, correct?
    (alec_eso): 1, morganj
    (morganj): bastard.


    Note: All my comments are copyright 17/07/2005 5:21:55 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.
     
    Brendan, Jul 17, 2005
    #13
  14. ~misfit~

    Peter Grooby Guest

    In article <dbbslq$pmd$>, says...
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:29:13 +1200, "~misfit~" <>
    > wrote:


    > Thanks :)
    >
    > I finished 13 but 14 was just too hard and there wasn't enough screen space
    > to lay everything out clearly.
    >

    Well myself and several friends have gone mad with this now.
    Just finished 14 - 50 minutes (between work).
    You just need to lay the dots out close together in an orderly manner.

    The trouble with the higher ones, is that it is presumably doing an
    exponential search for crossed vertices, and as the numbers get high the
    computations take a long time towards the end.

    Pete

    >


    --
    --
    Remove pants from email address to reply.
     
    Peter Grooby, Jul 20, 2005
    #14
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Peter Grooby wrote:
    > In article <dbbslq$pmd$>, says...
    >> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:29:13 +1200, "~misfit~"
    >> <> wrote:

    >
    >> Thanks :)
    >>
    >> I finished 13 but 14 was just too hard and there wasn't enough
    >> screen space to lay everything out clearly.
    >>

    > Well myself and several friends have gone mad with this now.
    > Just finished 14 - 50 minutes (between work).
    > You just need to lay the dots out close together in an orderly manner.
    >
    > The trouble with the higher ones, is that it is presumably doing an
    > exponential search for crossed vertices, and as the numbers get high
    > the computations take a long time towards the end.


    Well, I did entitle this "Wanna go insane?" Good to know that you've gone
    mad, it's not as bad as people make out. :)
    --
    ~misfit~
     
    ~misfit~, Jul 20, 2005
    #15
  16. ~misfit~

    Peter Grooby Guest


    > > The trouble with the higher ones, is that it is presumably doing an
    > > exponential search for crossed vertices, and as the numbers get high
    > > the computations take a long time towards the end.

    >
    > Well, I did entitle this "Wanna go insane?" Good to know that you've gone
    > mad, it's not as bad as people make out. :)
    >

    I've been cured now.
    Finished number 17 and that will be it. I've worked out how to solve
    them methodically now, and the wait times were getting exponentially
    bad. Like 10 minutes per end-move in the end.

    Pete
    --
    --
    Remove pants from email address to reply.
     
    Peter Grooby, Jul 20, 2005
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Piccolo

    Taskbar flashing is driving me insane

    Piccolo, Jul 29, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    14,473
    Piccolo
    Aug 7, 2003
  2. Joe

    VX2 driving me insane...

    Joe, Jun 4, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    479
    Proffesor Brian Oblivion
    Jun 4, 2004
  3. fiddaman64

    This is driving me insane

    fiddaman64, Sep 2, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    1,616
    fiddaman64
    Sep 2, 2004
  4. #!

    Driving Me INSANE!!!

    #!, Apr 21, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    941
    Duane Arnold
    Apr 28, 2006
  5. Mike Kohary
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    343
    Mike Kohary
    Jul 16, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page