    E-mailed Wanadoo support but no reply.

    --
    Kenny Cargill
    Kenny, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Kenny

    BIG NIGE Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Few months ago changed ISP from Wanadoo to Madasafish.
    > Since last week cannot access Wanadoo e-mail adress either in OE or via
    > webmail. Settings are OK and laptop and main PC are the same.
    > Does Wanadoo usually drop your e-mail a/c if you stop using them as ISP?
    > I know other ISP,s don,t since I still have a Tiscali address from when I
    > used them years ago.
    > E-mailed Wanadoo support but no reply.
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill

    Yes they do drop you after (IIRC 3 Months)
    Heres a little trick that may still work
    Go online to their website and change your password - then change it back
    again
    Then try to access your mail account.

    Their should also be a re-activate account but this usually takes longer.

    If its been too long (IIRC 6 Months) you may be out of luck
    BIG NIGE, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Kenny

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:11:33 +0100, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >Few months ago changed ISP from Wanadoo to Madasafish.
    >Since last week cannot access Wanadoo e-mail adress either in OE or via
    >webmail. Settings are OK and laptop and main PC are the same.
    >Does Wanadoo usually drop your e-mail a/c if you stop using them as ISP?
    >I know other ISP,s don,t since I still have a Tiscali address from when I
    >used them years ago.
    >E-mailed Wanadoo support but no reply.

    "Hi, I cancelled service with you, and quit paying you a few months
    ago, and I can no longer access your service."

    If you had cable TV, and cancelled it, but it still worked for a few
    moths, would you call and ask why it stopped working?
    Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Evan Platt wrote:

    > "Hi, I cancelled service with you, and quit paying you a few months
    > ago, and I can no longer access your service."

    Someone posted very similar words in my ISP's local newgroups a few
    weeks ago.

    "I'm cancelling your service because it sucks. I will be accessing my
    [old ISP] email address using my new ISP."

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Thanks for the replies, not a big loss anyway. The reason I canged ISP's
    was because Wanadoo dropped newsgroup access, now they've been taken over by
    Orange.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Kenny

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:49:20 GMT, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
    <> wrote:

    >Someone posted very similar words in my ISP's local newgroups a few
    >weeks ago.
    >
    >"I'm cancelling your service because it sucks. I will be accessing my
    >[old ISP] email address using my new ISP."

    Well thank goodness if you switch to Earthlink, you can feed it your
    address book, and it will spa...errr e-mail all your contacts telling
    them your new e-mail address.

    And then of course when they try to reply, they'll be told "Hi, you're
    not in my address book. Click <here> to deliver your message to me."

    I did some consulting work for a company. They had their own domain
    name. They had dial up with the DNS, and used the domain of the ISP,
    so even though they had www.theirdomain.com , their e-mail was @
    BIGISP.COM . They didn't quite get why that was silly.
    Evan Platt, Aug 23, 2006