    any conclusions.

    Thanks
    , Nov 27, 2006

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Nov 28, 2006

  3. Hello, !
    You wrote on 27 Nov 2006 11:10:48 -0800:

    s> A company that I work for is having some WAN performance issues.
    s> We have some branches that respond with 25 - 70 ms response time
    s> they are around 150 to max 200 miles in distance. It seems as
    s> though the performance issues follow the slow ping response times.

    s> The ISP recently switched over to a different frame-relay switch
    s> for the DS-3 coneection we have. In this switch over we upgraded
    s> the bandwidth. Now we are having performance issues. The branches
    s> are much slower AT TIMES. Whenever we transfer a file to the
    s> branch everything else dies and slows way down.

    s> Any advice on how to troubleshoot this and find where the issue is
    s> would be appreciated. The ISP is looking into it but have not came
    s> to any conclusions.

    Completely wild guess - you don't have FR shaping configured on your PVCs at hub
    site and/or you are using FIFO queueing. Correct?

    With best regards,
    Andrey.
    Andrey Tarasov, Nov 28, 2006