    Any news on the next batch of Disney Treasures DVD's?
    (I hope Donald Duck :) )

    Roy
    Roy, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Roy

    unclejr Guest

    Roy wrote:
    > Any news on the next batch of Disney Treasures DVD's?
    > (I hope Donald Duck :) )

    It's only preliminary, but the scuttlebutt has it that The
    Chronological Donald, Vol. 2 will come out in the next Treasures wave
    due later this year.

    -Junior
    unclejr, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Roy

    JazzGuyy Guest

    On 6 Jun 2005 10:11:24 -0700, "unclejr" <> wrote:

    >Roy wrote:
    >> Any news on the next batch of Disney Treasures DVD's?
    >> (I hope Donald Duck :) )

    >It's only preliminary, but the scuttlebutt has it that The
    >Chronological Donald, Vol. 2 will come out in the next Treasures wave
    >due later this year.
    >
    >-Junior

    It is rumored that one of the other ones will be "Spin & Marty" from
    the original Mickey Mouse Club. Don't know if this is the original
    Spin & Marty story or all of them. (If I remember right there were
    two follow-up Spin & Marty series, though I could be wrong.). Still
    nothing about the nature shorts. There also should be a collection at
    some point of the miscellaneous cartoons: Chip 'n' Dale, Hewey Dewey &
    Louie (sp?), Minnie Mouse, etc.
    JazzGuyy, Jun 7, 2005
  4. Roy

    Mr. Moe Guest

    On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 18:07:31 +0200, "Roy" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Any news on the next batch of Disney Treasures DVD's?
    >(I hope Donald Duck :) )
    >
    >Roy

    Any chance of the "Gummi Bears" TV series coming out on DVD?
    Mr. Moe
    Mr. Moe, Jun 7, 2005
  5. Roy

    Von Fourche Guest

    "JazzGuyy" <> wrote in message
    > On 6 Jun 2005 10:11:24 -0700, "unclejr" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Roy wrote:
    > >> Any news on the next batch of Disney Treasures DVD's?
    > >> (I hope Donald Duck :) )

    > >It's only preliminary, but the scuttlebutt has it that The
    > >Chronological Donald, Vol. 2 will come out in the next Treasures wave
    > >due later this year.
    > >
    > >-Junior

    > It is rumored that one of the other ones will be "Spin & Marty" from
    > the original Mickey Mouse Club. Don't know if this is the original
    > Spin & Marty story or all of them. (If I remember right there were
    > two follow-up Spin & Marty series, though I could be wrong.). Still
    > nothing about the nature shorts. There also should be a collection at
    > some point of the miscellaneous cartoons: Chip 'n' Dale, Hewey Dewey &
    > Louie (sp?), Minnie Mouse, etc.

    Any word on the Zorro series?
    Von Fourche, Jun 9, 2005
  6. Roy

    John Olsen Guest

    Von Fourche wrote:
    > Any word on the Zorro series?

    Well, the first season of Zorro was commercially released in a box set
    in France a year ago. The colorized version, though. (shudder)

    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/AS...8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/171-0735087-9693866

    So it seems they've got things mastered and ready to release. The only
    difference, of course, is that the French version is PAL, not NTSC.

    I would anticipate seeing a Region 1 release of Zorro within the next
    twelve months.

    John
    John Olsen, Jun 9, 2005
  7. Roy

    Von Fourche Guest

    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000VKLP8/qid=1118298509/sr=8-1/ref=s
    r_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/171-0735087-9693866

    > So it seems they've got things mastered and ready to release. The only
    > difference, of course, is that the French version is PAL, not NTSC.
    >
    > I would anticipate seeing a Region 1 release of Zorro within the next
    > twelve months.

    Wow. Now that is big news. At least it's out.
    Von Fourche, Jun 9, 2005
  8. Roy

    Dan Guest

    If Zorro is ever released by Disney (and if they do it'll probably
    take years before we get the whole series), it's a tricky question
    whether to include the original B&W or the colorized versions. In my
    opinion, the colorized versions are excellent and I prefer to watch
    those. However, I can also understand purists not wanting the original
    picture tampered with. I'm pretty sure they won't release 2 complete
    sets - one B&W and one colorized, so it's a good question which we'll
    get. I doubt Disney would try to remix the sound from mono to DD5.1,
    but who knows. All I know is the B&W ones are harder on my eyes than
    the colorized ones.

    When I started watching Zorro on the Disney Channel not knowing a
    thing about it (I never had heard of Guy Williams), I picked up in the
    middle of their colorized cycle. I think I watched the entire series
    to the end without any clue it was colorized from B&W. So it sure
    fooled me until I read about the series. At the time I was content
    just to enjoy it. Ah, those good old days when the Disney Channel
    played classic Disney every day. I haven't watched it for years ever
    since they dropped Vault Disney.

    Dan, Jun 10, 2005