    it and I have the theme back.

    Can this be sensible?

    Change red to blue in email address when replying

    timbo, Nov 29, 2004

  2. timbo wrote:
    > Is this usual behaviour?
    >
    > I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
    > luck. Then I learned from
    > http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/mozilla/thunderbird.htm
    > that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB to
    > accept it as a valid theme.
    >
    > Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
    > "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
    >
    > Can this be sensible?

    That's a new one.

    I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
    editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
    has already been done with this.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > timbo wrote:
    >
    >> Is this usual behaviour?
    >>
    >> I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
    >> luck. Then I learned from
    >> http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/mozilla/thunderbird.htm
    >> that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB
    >> to accept it as a valid theme.
    >>
    >> Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
    >> "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
    >>
    >> Can this be sensible?
    >>

    > That's a new one.
    >
    > I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
    > editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
    > has already been done with this.
    >
    > Lee

    How did u open it and edit it?

    --
    "You can go a long way with a smile.
    You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun."

    Your Worst Nightmare, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Your Worst Nightmare wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> timbo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is this usual behaviour?
    >>>
    >>> I was looking for this theme for v0.9, having used it in v0.8, but no
    >>> luck. Then I learned from
    >>> http://home.unet.nl/alfredkayser/mozilla/thunderbird.htm
    >>> that the 0.8 version had been updated for 0.9, but I couldn't get TB
    >>> to accept it as a valid theme.
    >>>
    >>> Then, I tried simply renaming the .jar file to end "0.9" rather than
    >>> "0.8". And - aha - now it accepted it and I have the theme back.
    >>>
    >>> Can this be sensible?
    >>>

    >> That's a new one.
    >>
    >> I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
    >> editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
    >> has already been done with this.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > How did u open it and edit it?

    A jar file is just a zip file by another name. Rename the extension
    from jar to zip, and open it with a zip extractor. Find the file
    install.rdf. (Sorry I mistyped earlier.) Open it in a text editor. Look
    for the line saying maxversion, and change it to match the version of
    the ap being used. Save it, and close the sip archive. Rename the
    archive to jar. Install the theme.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 30, 2004
  5. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Your Worst Nightmare wrote:

    >>> That's a new one.
    >>>
    >>> I got the ols version of Walnut to work by opening the jar file, and
    >>> editing install.js to increase the maxversion to 0.9. I suspect this
    >>> has already been done with this.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> How did u open it and edit it?
    >>

    > A jar file is just a zip file by another name. Rename the extension
    > from jar to zip, and open it with a zip extractor. Find the file
    > install.rdf. (Sorry I mistyped earlier.) Open it in a text editor. Look
    > for the line saying maxversion, and change it to match the version of
    > the ap being used. Save it, and close the sip archive. Rename the
    > archive to jar. Install the theme.
    >
    > Lee

    Thanks. My problem was when I opened up the install.rdf, I got random
    garbage. But I tried it again, and everything worked perfectly for the
    Noia theme.

    Thanks much

    Your Worst Nightmare, Dec 3, 2004