    Amit Guest

    Why does Wallmart sell there DVDs cheaper than other stores like Best
    Buy or Circuit Coty? Aren't they basically the same packages.
    Amit, Oct 23, 2003

  2. Amit

    Alex Woods Guest

    Walmart's policy is to beat the lowest advertised price. They look at
    regional circulars and price that way.

    Alex Woods, Oct 23, 2003

  3. Amit

    Skid Guest

    Why does one dealer sell a car for a lower price than another? Why is gas
    cheaper on one block than another?

    Economies of scale, competition, profit margins, business models, market
    demographics, etc. And if you compare individual titles, you'll find that
    your conclusion doesn't always hold true for specials, sales, and
    loss-leader promotions.

    Personally, I order most of my DVDs online after comparison shopping at
    www.dvdpricesearch.com

    Skid, Oct 23, 2003
  4. Amit

    Mac Breck Guest

    Mac Breck, Oct 23, 2003
  5. Amit

    Richard C. Guest

    "Amit" <> wrote in message
    : Why does Wallmart sell there DVDs cheaper than other stores like Best
    : Buy or Circuit Coty? Aren't they basically the same packages.

    =================
    Ever hear of competition?

    They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way.
    Richard C., Oct 23, 2003
  6. Amit

    Wade365 Guest

    << They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way. >>

    Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and they
    flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.

    They WILL, however, sell rifles and ammunition right next to the toy section.

    : )
    Wade365, Oct 23, 2003
  7. "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > << They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way. >>
    >
    > Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and they
    > flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.
    >
    > They WILL, however, sell rifles and ammunition right next to the toy

    section.

    > : )

    As well as knives, shotguns, BB guns, pellet guns, and other items that can
    hurt people!

    Back to DVDs.......they don't seem to care about DVD content in their $5.88
    bargain bin. Makes no sense!

    --
    callsignviper

    The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
    the right questions.
    callsignviper, Oct 23, 2003
  8. Amit

    Wade365 Guest

    << Back to DVDs.......they don't seem to care about DVD content in their $5.88
    bargain bin. Makes no sense! >>

    I'm on the road quite a bit, and when our bus stops at a Wally-World in the
    middle of the night we decend on that discount bin... I've never really seen
    anything "objectionable"... plenty of crappy titles I wouldn't watch on cable,
    but most of it fits within a certain criteria... what I'm talking about is more
    the "Old School Unrated" or "Sweetest Thing Unrated" which, if you've seen the
    films are not over-the-top or anything, but they won't carry it because as one
    employee told me, "it's just not Christian".

    Huh.

    So tell me about them fire arms youz got there, then... s'what I always say.

    WalMart can be a good place to find cheaper movies, no argument... it's just
    not gonna be the "full" versions.
    Wade365, Oct 23, 2003
  9. Amit

    Pat Guest

    Their mailorders have better prices than stores. WM really wins in many case
    online, especially books.

    Pat, Oct 24, 2003
  10. Amit

    AAbrams0264 Guest

    << but they won't carry it because as one
    employee told me, "it's just not Christian". >>

    I guess that rules out FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.
    AAbrams0264, Oct 24, 2003
  11. Amit

    Jim Fraas Guest

    They did carry the UNRATED WIDESCREEN version of charlie's Angels 2.
    OTOH I do not intend to get American Wedding there.

    --
    There's only one hope left for the Star Trek movie franchise.
    It is a letter located between P and R in the alphabet.

    Jim Fraas, Oct 25, 2003
  12. Amit

    Jeeters Guest

    They carry lots of unrated / director cut titles. I picked up the new
    Scarface there. They tend to censor the DVD titles they carry way less than
    their music CDs. I think its a matter that they think its mostly adults
    that buy the DVDs so Walmart doesnt care so much. But they know/think that
    many kids buy CDs so they're more discriminating in which CDs they carry.

    Jeeters, Oct 25, 2003
  13. Amit

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Richard C. wrote:
    > "Amit" <> wrote in message
    > : Why does Wallmart sell there DVDs cheaper than other stores like Best
    > : Buy or Circuit Coty? Aren't they basically the same packages.
    >
    > =================
    > Ever hear of competition?
    >
    > They are EXACTLY the same packages, by the way.

    Well, usually. The Indy set is not the same because BB has an exclusive
    "bonus" disk. But the intent of your comment was correct.

    dick
    Dick Sidbury, Oct 26, 2003
  14. Amit

    Richard C. Guest

    :
    : Not entirely true... Wal-Mart will not sell most "uncut" versions and they
    : flat-out won't carry certain titles due to program content.
    :
    ==============================
    It is entirely true.........
    There is NO difference between the DVDs that Wal-Mart sells and the same DVD sole any
    where else.
    It is true they will not carry certain titles and certain ratings, but the DVDs they
    do sell are no different in any way from what you can buy in other stores.
    Richard C., Oct 27, 2003
  15. Amit

    Jim Fraas Guest

    I know on music Cds they will not carry ANY stickered CD.
    As for DVDs,if the original rated version is PG-13 they will carry
    it,listing it as an "R" requvalant.
    They will not carry unrated versions of "R" films.
    OTOH My local store has been good with Widescreen!

    Jim Fraas, Oct 28, 2003