    sending it out 1 or 2 days later--to keep customers from renting too many a
    month, like Netlfix does. Why don't these companies just admit there is a
    monthly limit?

    Crankkkie, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Crankkkie wrote:
    > What are other people's mail times like for Walmart.com?
    >
    > It takes anywhere from 3 to 5 days to receive disks. Mail center is one
    > state over, approx 200 miles away from me. I can get normal mail
    > coast-to-coast in 3 days.
    > They notify me 2 disks are mailed the same day, minutes apart, but they show
    > up in my mailbox 2 days apart. Am wondering how much of this is Walmart
    > deliberatley slowing up mailing--claiming it was mailed on one day and
    > sending it out 1 or 2 days later--to keep customers from renting too many a
    > month, like Netlfix does. Why don't these companies just admit there is a
    > monthly limit?

    Just finished my 30 day trial and I received 9 DVDs during the 30 days.I
    live in southeastern PA and distribution center is in upstate NY.
    Average mail time both ways was 2 days.

    I'm now trying Netflix and even though the distribution center is only 2
    or 3 counties away it appears that their processing time is slower than
    Walmarts. Mail should only take 1-2 days from my home to their center
    but by the time they list the return as being received it's 3-4 days.
    After the trial I'll probably go back to Walmart and get more DVDs on
    their 2 out plan than the 3 out plan with Netflix.

    Bob

    Bob Schoenleber, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Crankkkie

    Manda Guest

    "Crankkkie" <> wrote:

    > What are other people's mail times like for Walmart.com?
    >
    > It takes anywhere from 3 to 5 days to receive disks. Mail center is
    > one state over, approx 200 miles away from me. I can get normal mail
    > coast-to-coast in 3 days.

    My distribution center is 300 miles away, and the great majority of discs
    arrive here in 2-3 days. A handful (usually TV shows that they probably
    have a limited inventory of) have taken 4-6 days. Returns take 2-3,
    sometimes 4 days.

    This is also on par with my experience with Blockbuster. With Netflix it
    was 1-2 days to receive, 1-6 days for returns (with an increasing number of
    5's and 6's near the end of my subscription).

    Overall I'm pretty happy with the two months I've had with Walmart. If only
    they had the selection of Netflix and Blockbuster I'd stay for their 4-out
    plan. As it is, I'll soon be going back to Netflix.

    Manda

    Manda, Oct 25, 2004