    let me know. My question is how do I take any screen and turn it into
    wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my screen, and then
    turn it into wallpaper.
    Jack Marks, Jun 21, 2005

  2. > This is probably the wrong newsgroup, so if you know a better one, please
    > let me know.

    Try microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support in the future for
    non-Windows x64 questions.

    > My question is how do I take any screen and turn it into
    > wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my screen, and then
    > turn it into wallpaper.

    My guess is that you need a screen print program to capture any selection
    that is currently on the screen (or the entire active window). You can
    download ScreenPrint 32 v3.5 at http://www.provtech.co.uk/main/default.asp

    It's free for home / non-profit use...
    =?Utf-8?B?Y21jYXJ0aHk=?=, Jun 21, 2005

  3. "Jack Marks" <> wrote in:

    > This is probably the wrong newsgroup, so if you know a better one,
    > please let me know. My question is how do I take any screen and turn
    > it into wallpaper for the desktop? I want to use Excel to make my
    > screen, and then turn it into wallpaper.

    Press "print screen" which copies the screen to the Windows Clipboard. Next,
    open MS Paint* and select "paste" from the edit menu, your screen will now
    appear on MS Paint. You can save it as a .bmp file with whatever name you
    want in the .../Windows directory or the .../Windows/Web/Wallpaper directory.

    Now right click on the desktop, chose properties and the image you saved will
    be available as wall paper.

    *you can use any imaging program you may have, I chose Paint as it's probably
    on your computer. If you use something other than Paint you may be able to
    save your image as a .jpg file.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>
    David R. Norton MVP, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Jack Marks

    Randy Guest

    Right click on desired object on screen to select it
    and pop-up a context-specific menu.

    Click "Copy" from menu. (or Ctrl-C to copy after selecting)
    (or Alt-Prt Sc to copy entire active window contents)

    Start, Programs, Accessories, Open Paint.

    Ctrl-V to paste, chose "Yes" if asked to re-size.

    Click "File" on File Menu, click "Set As Background".

    Click "File" again and "Save As" to save for later use
    as a file in My Documents.

    Alt-F4 to close Paint.

    Randy, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Actually, to capture a certain frame on screen it is "alt-printscreen" to
    get it. Just pressing printscreen doesn't do anything.

    Regards,
    Davin Eastley

    -----------
    www.davineastley.tk
    Forums Home

    Davin Eastley, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Jack Marks

    Jack Marks Guest

    The Paint worked. Thank you!

    Jack Marks, Jun 21, 2005
  7. Davin Eastley wrote:

    > Actually, to capture a certain frame on screen it is "alt-printscreen"

    to get it. Just pressing printscreen doesn't do anything.

    PrtScr captures the whole screen to the clipboard.
    Alt-PrtScr captures just the current window.

    Any other keymodifier-PrtScr also does the whole screen.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 21, 2005
  8. Excel fanatic, huh? :) Oooh, Excel is so dreamy!
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 21, 2005