    So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

    Thanks
    Skidaddy

    skidaddy, Oct 14, 2003

  2. skidaddy

    Brian H¹© Guest

    skidaddy said:

    > My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
    > at ?
    >
    > So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Skidaddy

    usually in C:\Windows
    (C:\Winnt)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 14, 2003

  3. > My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
    > at ?
    >
    > So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

    They can be anywhere on your hard drive as you can browse for them I
    personally recommend making a folder called Wallpaper in your My Documents
    folder and store them all there..

    However Windows scans the Windows folder (a carry over from Win3.1 days)
    c:\windows

    It also depends on the version of Windows you have as Win2000, XP also scan
    the "My Pictures" folder as well as

    C:\Windows
    C:\My Documents\My Pictures
    C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 14, 2003
  4. skidaddy

    Richard Guest

    skidaddy wrote:

    > My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be
    > stored
    > at ?

    > So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

    > Thanks
    > Skidaddy

    Anywhere convenient. I personally would avoid using the c:\windows folder.
    As putting in many images would only clutter the folder needlessly.
    Just create a seperate folder and store them there.

    Richard, Oct 14, 2003
  5. skidaddy

    Mike0000 Guest

    skidaddy wrote:

    > My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be stored
    > at ?
    >
    > So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.

    Anywhere. I suggest a folder in My Documents called Wallpaper. So when
    you backup My Documents to a CDR its all there in case of the worst.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Oct 14, 2003
  6. skidaddy

    Patrick Guest

    skidaddy wrote:
    > My question is, where should the pictures one uses for wall paper be
    > stored at ?
    >
    > So that the wallpaper can be changed when desired.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Skidaddy

    (XP Home Edition)
    I don't keep them anywhere, If I want a picture I just navigate to 'My
    Pictures', select what I want and that's it. Wallpaper is not dependent on
    the picture still being where it came from, as it makes a copy. If you
    change it again though and then want same again, you will have to look for
    it.

    Patrick, Oct 14, 2003