Wallpaper Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trax, Jan 4, 2004.

  1. Trax

    Trax Guest

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:40:08 GMT, "skidaddy" <> wrote:

    |>Is there a way that I change the path of the wallpaper display ( display
    |>properties ) , so that it will go to a different place to look for pictures
    |>rather then the windows directory.
    |>
    |>I would like it to go to C:\My Documents\Wallpaper

    I must be reading this wrong - this shouldn't be a problem.

    Just in case:
    Display properties > background >Browse

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life

    skidaddy, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Trax

    Boomer Guest

    "skidaddy" <> wrote in

    > Is there a way that I change the path of the wallpaper display (
    > display properties ) , so that it will go to a different place to
    > look for pictures rather then the windows directory.
    >
    > I would like it to go to C:\My Documents\Wallpaper
    >
    > Thanks ya all

    You might need to download a wallpaper manager to do that.

    Just guessing.

    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004
  4. Trax

    Senti Guest

    skidaddy did mumble ...

    > Is there a way that I change the path of the wallpaper display (
    > display properties ) , so that it will go to a different place to
    > look for pictures rather then the windows directory.
    >
    > I would like it to go to C:\My Documents\Wallpaper
    >
    > Thanks ya all

    Operating System?

    I don't know of a way you can do that (I would guess that it would be a
    registry hack, though), but a possible way around it...

    Rather than having a wallpaper folder in your My Documents folder, why not
    place a shortcut in My Documents that points to where your wallpaper is? In
    the case of XP the shortcut would point to C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper.
    --
    ~SF~
    The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning

    Senti, Jan 5, 2004