Wal~Smart

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DigiFilm, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. DigiFilm

    DigiFilm Guest

    Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This time
    it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    Like he does every single time I see him.
    After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    WHAT?
    Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from behind
    the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up to
    he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    David
    --
    www.Digifilm.info
    DigiFilm, Aug 27, 2004

  2. DigiFilm

    Udie Lafing Guest

    Just another disgruntled customer story (The worlds full of them) ,
    that's all it is. But if telling the world keeps you from hacking
    someone to pieces or running them over on the freeway I guess it serves
    a purpose.

    In article <JPvXc.321409$%_6.203187@attbi_s01>,
    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:

    > Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    --
    ?
    ?
    Udie Lafing, Aug 27, 2004

  3. DigiFilm

    lefty Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"
    <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:

    Yeah, Yeah... well I had this customer come in the other day
    and...when I told him the machine was broken.. :) Keep your
    perspective and don't let the trolls get under your skin. He probably
    said to himself..'Hey, cool, I don't have to do that job!!'
    lefty, Aug 27, 2004
  4. DigiFilm

    Tim S. Guest

    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    > Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    > the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    > friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    > anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This

    time
    > it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    > eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    > Like he does every single time I see him.
    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    > file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    > it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    > with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    > (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    > WHAT?
    > Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from

    behind
    > the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up

    > he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    > Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    > left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    > I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    > David
    > --
    > www.Digifilm.info

    Kind of reminds me of that movie with Robin Williams (Snapshot?)
    Tim S., Aug 27, 2004
  5. DigiFilm

    Atreju Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"
    <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    >Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    >the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    >friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    >anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This time
    >it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    >eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    >Like he does every single time I see him.
    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    >file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    >it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    >with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    >(without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    >WHAT?
    >Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from behind
    >the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up to
    >he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    >Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    >left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    >I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    >David

    Okay, okay, so maybe he was in a bad mood. Maybe his girlfriend dumped
    him.

    If you're truly dissatisfied with him, then talk to his manager.

    ---Atreju---
    Atreju, Aug 27, 2004
  6. DigiFilm

    Steven Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 03:10:56 GMT, Atreju <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"
    ><dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    >>Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    >>the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    >>friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    >>anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This time
    >>it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    >>eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    >>Like he does every single time I see him.
    >> After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    >>file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    >>it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    >>with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    >>(without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    >>WHAT?
    >>Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from behind
    >>the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up to
    >>he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    >>Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    >>left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    >>I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    >>David

    >Okay, okay, so maybe he was in a bad mood. Maybe his girlfriend dumped
    >him.
    >
    >If you're truly dissatisfied with him, then talk to his manager.
    >

    >---Atreju---

    It was called One Hour and you get what you pay for. If you want good
    customer service go to a local lab they know what there talking about
    and there really not much more than Wally or Sam.

    Steve
    Steven, Aug 27, 2004
  7. DigiFilm

    Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net>
    wrote:

    >Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    This is a bad experience? Do you want to trade lives?? When they tell me I'm
    going to have a bad experience, it's usually scraping up dead people from
    railway tracks or something...

    > I went into my Neighborhood super
    >Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    >the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    >friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    >anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This time
    >it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    >eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    >Like he does every single time I see him.
    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    >file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    >it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    >with the puink

    He's a punk now? Because he didn't want to talk to you??

    > by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    >(without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    >WHAT?

    It's none of your business...

    >Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from behind
    >the counter.

    Assault and battery is a crime in most countries...

    >He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up to
    >he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    >Asshole, I asked you a question".

    HE is RUDE????!!!!! I think the only rudeness I've seen here is YOU!!

    > I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    >left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.

    Or a store clerk stars at a psychopath!

    >I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.

    Tell the cops... maybe they can assign you a nice padded cell...

    >David
    , Aug 27, 2004
  8. DigiFilm

    Udie Lafing Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    > This is a bad experience? Do you want to trade lives?? When they tell me I'm
    > going to have a bad experience, it's usually scraping up dead people from
    > railway tracks or something...

    You live near Baltimore? Yesterday some guy flipped his pick up near the
    tracks, the crawled about a hundred feet only to be hit and killed on
    the JFX highway.....backed up traffic in three south bound lanes.

    <Snip the rest> I think the OP was a toll ;-)
    --
    ?
    ?
    Udie Lafing, Aug 27, 2004
  9. DigiFilm

    Mark M Guest

    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    > Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    > the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    > friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    > anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This

    time
    > it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    > eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    > Like he does every single time I see him.
    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    > file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    > it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    > with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    > (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    > WHAT?
    > Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from

    behind
    > the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up

    > he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    > Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    > left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    > I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    > David

    What you should have done, was get hold of the manager in the kid's
    presence, and then ask the question again, after noting your costly and
    regular business there.
    The deer in teh headlights was likely as far into the guy's head as it ever
    got.
    disappearing this way likely just made him think you were an ass, because he
    clearly had no concept of how he was regularly offending you.
    But...I don't blame you for your irritation.
    Next time, though, stick around long enough for a real response.
    (My 2 cents...)
    BTW-- Why in the HECK don't US keyboards have a cents sign built in????
    -I know you can do it with the right strokes somehow via code, but what
    gives?
    :)
    Mark M, Aug 27, 2004
  10. DigiFilm

    Mark M Guest

    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    > Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    > the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    > friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude. I bring in
    > anywhere from $200 to $300 of work to have done, most of the time. This

    time
    > it was only a few 8x10, 5x7 and wallets. This guy never looks me in the
    > eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    > Like he does every single time I see him.
    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    > file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    > it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    > with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    > (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    > WHAT?
    > Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from

    behind
    > the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up

    > he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    > Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    > left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    > I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.
    > David

    So... As a result... He learned nothing, and you've lost your place for
    processing.
    Nice going.
    :)
    See above for my nicer response.
    Actually, I suspect that when he said, "It doesn't matter", he said that
    instead of saying, "It's not a problem that will affect your photos."
    Perhaps he just picked the wrong words.
    Mark M, Aug 27, 2004
  11. DigiFilm

    Mark M Guest

    "Udie Lafing" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"

    <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    > > This is a bad experience? Do you want to trade lives?? When they tell

    me I'm
    > > going to have a bad experience, it's usually scraping up dead people

    from
    > > railway tracks or something...

    > You live near Baltimore? Yesterday some guy flipped his pick up near the
    > tracks, the crawled about a hundred feet only to be hit and killed on
    > the JFX highway.....backed up traffic in three south bound lanes.
    >
    > <Snip the rest> I think the OP was a toll ;-)

    I don't think it was a troll at all.
    Mark M, Aug 27, 2004
  12. DigiFilm

    Ryan Robbins Guest

    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude.

    Sounds like you're the one with the bad attitude.

    >This guy never looks me in the
    > eye, never wears a name tag, and never greats me. Just asks "pickin up?".
    > Like he does every single time I see him.

    So?

    > After I explained to him that I printed out exactly what I wanted, with
    > file names and sizes, he told me the machine was down but he fixed it, and
    > it might be 2 hours. I said "no problem", and tried to make conversation
    > with the puink by asking "what was wrong with the machine?", he replied
    > (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    > WHAT?

    So?

    >He is so rude.

    You're the rude one.

    Grow up.
    Ryan Robbins, Aug 27, 2004
  13. DigiFilm

    Big Bill Guest

    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"
    <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    <SNIP>

    I've been a customer at a LOT of places.
    I've also been on the other side of the counter in a lot of places,
    starting at HoJo's, and including my own shop.

    There are a lot more jerks on the side of the counter accessed by the
    entrance than on the side that goes to the office.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    Big Bill, Aug 27, 2004
  14. "Tim S." <> wrote in message news:lOwXc.62$bT1.4@fed1read07...
    > Kind of reminds me of that movie with Robin Williams (Snapshot?)

    "One Hour Photo" ?

    Cool movie.
    Robert Meyers, Aug 27, 2004
  15. DigiFilm

    Gerald Ross Guest

    Mark M wrote:

    > "Udie Lafing" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"

    > <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net>

    >> > This is a bad experience? Do you want to trade lives?? When they tell

    > me I'm
    >> > going to have a bad experience, it's usually scraping up dead people

    > from
    >> > railway tracks or something...

    >> You live near Baltimore? Yesterday some guy flipped his pick up near the
    >> tracks, the crawled about a hundred feet only to be hit and killed on
    >> the JFX highway.....backed up traffic in three south bound lanes.
    >>
    >> <Snip the rest> I think the OP was a toll ;-)

    > I don't think it was a troll at all.

    I think it was a 9 year old troll-- talks and spells like it.

    --

    Gerald Ross, Cochran, GA
    To reply add the numerals "13" before the "at"

    Gerald Ross, Aug 27, 2004
  16. DigiFilm

    Alan Browne Guest

    Re: Wal-Merde

    DigiFilm wrote:

    > (without ever looking up at me, very arrogantly,) "it doesn't matter" !!!!
    > WHAT?
    > Everytime I have to deal with this jerk I want to snatch him out from behind
    > the counter. He is so rude. I always keep my mouth shut and chaulk it up to
    > he must be SLOW, you know. Well this time, I said "FU you"! , "You F'n
    > Asshole, I asked you a question". I snatched my CD out of his hands and
    > left. He just looked at me like a deer stairs at headlights.
    > I won't ever go back, unless he is gone, and I will tell everybody I know.

    While I admit that I would have been every bit as put off as you
    were, I believe the most effective approach would have been to
    write a detailed and polite letter to the location manager. When
    I do regular business with a place I'm not at all shy at pointing
    out things about that business that I don't appreciate. This is
    best done in a polite business like way.

    I avoid Wal-Merde as much as possible.

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Aug 27, 2004
  17. DigiFilm

    mark_digital Guest

    "DigiFilm" <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JPvXc.321409$%_6.203187@attbi_s01...
    Had a very bad experiance the other day. I went into my Neighborhood super
    Market the other day to have some Digital prints made. I use this lab all
    the time.Great for proofing. Most of the people there are OK. Somewhat
    friendly....but this time I got the guy with a bad attitude.
    -----------------------
    -----------------------
    -----------------------
    Me too. But it was a woman. I complained and now I get the
    cold shoulder from them all. Which brings me to the rhetorical
    question, are you buying their ability or their attitude?
    Sometimes the most rude are the most adept. Unfortunate fact
    of life. I just wished I followed my own advice and dropped it.
    mark_
    mark_digital, Aug 28, 2004
  18. DigiFilm

    mark_digital Guest

    "Big Bill" <> wrote in message news:...
    On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:07:53 GMT, "DigiFilm"
    <dholliday16(nospam)@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Had a very bad experiance the other day.

    <SNIP>

    I've been a customer at a LOT of places.
    I've also been on the other side of the counter in a lot of places,
    starting at HoJo's, and including my own shop.

    There are a lot more jerks on the side of the counter accessed by the
    entrance than on the side that goes to the office.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"
    -------------
    -------------
    That's because the biggest jerk is already in the office.
    mark_
    mark_digital, Aug 28, 2004
  19. In article <>,
    (mark_digital) wrote:

    > Sometimes the most rude are the most adept.

    Speaking as someone who works eight+ hour shifts without breaks (because
    there's always lots to be done and it's easier to just plough through it &
    hope to get home on time without leaving my boss in the sh*t) I'm sure I
    often come across as abrupt or even rude when the blood sugar drops and my
    impatience with lazy colleagues rises... as it does all too regularly in
    this line of work.

    But then that's why I chose to work nights well out of the public gaze.
    It's not my fault the relentless social cancer of 24/7 culture hunted me
    down like the miserable cornered rat I am ;-)

    Anyway, the point in there somewhere is that the hardest workers are often
    the most stressed and the least able to fulfill their full "customer
    service potential"... whatever that means. Of course many people are just
    plain ignorant muppets fit only for the soylent green factory. But then
    that's true of many customers as well... especially the ones that stop by
    at 3am on their way home from the local night club.

    Always happy to help :)

    Andrew "colonised by Wal*Mart" McP... and when I say "colonised", that's
    colon as in colonial *and* colon as in irrigation.

    PS You'll be pleased to know I have nothing to do with the photographic
    side of things. For a start I couldn't stand all that peering at people's
    pics checking for dubious pictures to report to the authorities. It just
    doesn't seem right, even if it's in a good cause.
    Andrew MacPherson, Aug 28, 2004
  20. DigiFilm

    John Doe Guest

    Why do you take your photo's out to be printed. I just bought a dye-sub
    printer to go with my Canon D20 that I just put a deposit down on. It only
    does 4X6 prints but they are near permanent and the printer was only $229.
    Add to that that I am in control of any post processing my images might need
    and it seems like a good deal. The prints come out to about $0.30 to $0.35
    cents each depending on where I get the paper and film for it. Sure it is a
    bit more, but then it is much more convenient. I would was more gas and time
    than that just driving to the place to have images printed for $0.29 cents
    each. For larger images I bought an Epson 2200.

    John
    John Doe, Aug 28, 2004