Wal*Mart to support Blu-ray exclusively by June 1st, 2008

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ninphan, Feb 15, 2008.

  1. ninphan

    ninphan Guest

    The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    that made sense; the future is Blu.

    http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm?postversion=2008021511

    NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    formatted discs over the next several months.

    Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    statement.
    ninphan, Feb 15, 2008

  2. On Feb 15, 1:57 pm, ninphan <> wrote:
    > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    Wal-mart's late to the party... reliable sources indicate that Toshiba
    will announce the end of HD DVD support in a matter of weeks.

    The alMIGHTY N, Feb 15, 2008

  3. ninphan

    Guest

    On Feb 15, 10:57 am, ninphan <> wrote:
    > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > that made sense; the future is Blu.
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...
    >
    > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > formatted discs over the next several months.
    >
    > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.
    >
    > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > statement.

    So instead of sharing less than 1% of the total DVD market with HD,
    Sony will have it all to itself.

    WooHoo!
    , Feb 15, 2008
  4. ninphan

    Mark Johnson Guest

    wrote:
    > On Feb 15, 10:57 am, ninphan <> wrote:
    >> The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    >> over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    >> that made sense; the future is Blu.
    >>
    >> http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...
    >>
    >> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    >> announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    >> definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    >> formatted discs over the next several months.
    >>
    >> Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    >> would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    >> and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.
    >>
    >> "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    >> toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    >> Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    >> statement.

    > So instead of sharing less than 1% of the total DVD market with HD,
    > Sony will have it all to itself.
    >
    > WooHoo!

    But you seem to forget, that Hi def DVD's are growing faster than SD
    DVD's did.
    Mark Johnson, Feb 15, 2008
  5. ninphan

    khee mao Guest

    <> wrote in message

    >So instead of sharing less than 1% of the total DVD market with HD,
    >Sony will have it all to itself.
    >
    >WooHoo!

    myopic twit.
    khee mao, Feb 16, 2008
  6. ninphan

    Tony Guest

    "Mark Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >> On Feb 15, 10:57 am, ninphan <> wrote:
    >>> The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    >>> over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    >>> that made sense; the future is Blu.
    >>>
    >>> http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...
    >>>
    >>> NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    >>> announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    >>> definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    >>> formatted discs over the next several months.
    >>>
    >>> Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    >>> would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    >>> and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.
    >>>
    >>> "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    >>> toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    >>> Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    >>> statement.

    >> So instead of sharing less than 1% of the total DVD market with HD,
    >> Sony will have it all to itself.
    >>
    >> WooHoo!

    > But you seem to forget, that Hi def DVD's are growing faster than SD DVD's
    > did.

    He seemed to forget!
    Tony, Feb 16, 2008
  7. ninphan

    FDR Guest

    ninphan wrote:
    > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > that made sense; the future is Blu.
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm?postversion=2008021511
    >
    > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > formatted discs over the next several months.
    >
    > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.
    >
    > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > statement.

    So maybe all the fanboys can stop their childish postings now.
    FDR, Feb 16, 2008
  8. ninphan

    Harry Guest

    "ninphan" <> wrote in message
    > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > that made sense; the future is Blu.
    >
    > http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm?postversion=2008021511
    >
    > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > formatted discs over the next several months.
    >
    > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.
    >
    > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > statement.

    It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.

    Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM and
    over priced movies.
    Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    skulls.
    My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious win..
    Harry, Feb 16, 2008
  9. ninphan

    Guest

    On Feb 15, 8:43 pm, "Harry" <> wrote:
    > "ninphan" <> wrote in message

    > > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...

    > > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > > formatted discs over the next several months.

    > > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    > > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > > statement.

    > It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.
    >
    > Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM and
    > over priced movies.
    > Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    > skulls.
    > My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious win..

    Disks have rivals in the form of downloadable movies, movies on
    demand, etc... An executive for Sony in a Wired article speculated
    that the next Playstation won't even have a disk storage medium for
    it. BluRay, once the specs are stable and implemented, is the better
    format, even if Sony is backing it.

    - Rich
    , Feb 16, 2008
  10. ninphan

    T.B. Guest

    "Harry" aka "shaw.net assclown" whined:

    >> "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    >> toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    >> Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    >> statement.
    >>

    > It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.

    Sez the Shaw.net assclown who spent weeks spamming about "betaray-LOL!

    > Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM
    > and over priced movies.
    > Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    > skulls.
    > My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious
    > win..

    Sucks to be you. HA!

    T.B.
    T.B., Feb 16, 2008
  11. ninphan

    ninphan Guest

    On Feb 15, 8:43 pm, "Harry" <> wrote:
    > "ninphan" <> wrote in message

    > > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...

    > > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > > formatted discs over the next several months.

    > > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    > > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > > statement.

    > It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.
    >
    > Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM and
    > over priced movies.
    > Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    > skulls.
    > My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious win...- Hide quoted text -

    For 99% of the people that get into Blu-ray hardware, there will be no
    bitching about profiles.
    Competition was only a good thing for the selfish early adopter, for
    the serious videophile who wanted a future for High Def Media with a
    release schedule as robust as that of DVD there always had to be one
    format lose.
    In this case the format with the best chance of supporting such a
    robust release schedule and market adoption won. HD DVD's bandwidth
    would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.
    ninphan, Feb 17, 2008
  12. ninphan

    ninphan Guest

    On Feb 15, 6:30 pm, wrote:
    > On Feb 15, 10:57 am, ninphan <> wrote:
    >

    > > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    > >http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...

    > > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > > formatted discs over the next several months.

    > > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    > > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > > statement.

    > So instead of sharing less than 1% of the total DVD market with HD,
    > Sony will have it all to itself.
    >
    > WooHoo!- Hide quoted text -

    Sony, Universal, Paramount/Dreamworks, Toshiba, Philips, Harman
    Kardon, Panasonic, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Denon, Marantz, 20th
    Century Fox, Walt Disney, Warner Bros., New Line Cinema, Weinstein,
    HBO, Digital Playground, Vivid, Adam and Eve, Lions Gate Films, Funai,
    Daewoo, Loewe, Hitachi, JVC, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Sigma, Burr
    Brown, etc., etc., etc.

    Pretty much everyone actually. Not so educated on matters of High Def
    are you? Either that or you're just FUD-mongering.
    ninphan, Feb 17, 2008
  13. In article
    <>,
    ninphan <> wrote:

    > On Feb 15, 8:43 pm, "Harry" <> wrote:
    > > "ninphan" <> wrote in message

    > > > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > > > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > > > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    > > >http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...

    > > > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > > > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > > > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > > > formatted discs over the next several months.

    > > > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > > > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > > > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    > > > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > > > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > > > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > > > statement.

    > > It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.
    > >
    > > Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM and
    > > over priced movies.
    > > Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    > > skulls.
    > > My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious
    > > win..- Hide quoted text -

    > For 99% of the people that get into Blu-ray hardware, there will be no
    > bitching about profiles.
    > Competition was only a good thing for the selfish early adopter, for
    > the serious videophile who wanted a future for High Def Media with a
    > release schedule as robust as that of DVD there always had to be one
    > format lose.
    > In this case the format with the best chance of supporting such a
    > robust release schedule and market adoption won. HD DVD's bandwidth
    > would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    > studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    Mostly bullshit, but pretty good bullshit! :)

    99% of people probably won't care about profiles, but they WILL care
    about the issues of slow or no loading that has plagued BD from the
    outset. Sure, firmware upgrades generally fix the no loading, but 99%
    of the people, you know the ones that won't care about the profiles,
    won't know about or won't know how to do the firmware upgrades. Ought
    to be interesting.

    As to the bandwidth issue, utter hogwash. 1080p/24 is already being
    done on HDDVD and there was plenty of room for all the movies.
    Lloyd Parsons, Feb 17, 2008
  14. In article
    <>,
    ninphan <> wrote:

    > On Feb 15, 8:43 pm, "Harry" <> wrote:
    > > "ninphan" <> wrote in message

    > > > The dominoes continue to fall on a weekly basis since Jeff Bewkes took
    > > > over the position of CEO of Time Warner and made the only decision
    > > > that made sense; the future is Blu.

    > > >http://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/technology/wal-mart_blu-ray/index.htm...

    > > > NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- National discount retailer Wal-Mart
    > > > announced Friday that it had decided to only sell Sony's Blu-ray hi-
    > > > definition movie discs, and will phase out Toshiba's competing HD-DVD
    > > > formatted discs over the next several months.

    > > > Wal-Mart said that by June, its 4,000 Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores
    > > > would sell only Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray hardware players. Blu-ray
    > > > and Toshiba's HD-DVD format are not compatible.

    > > > "We've listened to our customers, who are showing a clear preference
    > > > toward Blu-ray products and movies with their purchases," said Gary
    > > > Severson, Wal-Mart's Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment in a
    > > > statement.

    > > It's over and starting to get redundant and just annoying.
    > >
    > > Looking forward to bitching about Profiles, failed Beta Ray drives, DRM and
    > > over priced movies.
    > > Competition is..was a good thing..people need to get that in their thick
    > > skulls.
    > > My PS3 still sits and does nothing most of the time so what a glorious
    > > win..- Hide quoted text -

    > For 99% of the people that get into Blu-ray hardware, there will be no
    > bitching about profiles.
    > Competition was only a good thing for the selfish early adopter, for
    > the serious videophile who wanted a future for High Def Media with a
    > release schedule as robust as that of DVD there always had to be one
    > format lose.
    > In this case the format with the best chance of supporting such a
    > robust release schedule and market adoption won. HD DVD's bandwidth
    > would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    > studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    And another thing...

    The recently ended format war was never about technology, recording
    space, bandwidth or any of those other wonderful techie things some find
    so different between the two formats.

    It was always about who could or would write the bigger bribery, uh
    marketing checks.

    The consumer was never and is still not part of the equation in this
    case.
    Lloyd Parsons, Feb 17, 2008
  15. ninphan

    ZVR Guest

    > HD DVD's bandwidth
    > would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    > studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    Did anybody ever call you on your true name... eg. the idiot you are?! There
    are plenty of 1080p-encoded releases on HD-DVD, with Dolby TrueHD and/or
    DTS-HD MA - actually even more, than there are on Betaray for now! With lots
    of disk space left for bonus features too.

    So you can take your cretinity elsewhere... for example to the BR forums,
    where that is the norm!

    You know, you Sony fanboys never cease to amaze me. One would think that now
    that your crappy BR "has won", you would give it a rest, but apparently you
    can not be happy unless you eat shit and spread dirt all over the place.
    Have a circle **** with all the other fanboys celebrating your "win" and
    give the rest of us a rest, will you??
    ZVR, Feb 17, 2008
  16. ninphan

    Jer Guest

    ZVR wrote:
    >> HD DVD's bandwidth
    >> would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    >> studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    > Did anybody ever call you on your true name... eg. the idiot you are?! There
    > are plenty of 1080p-encoded releases on HD-DVD, with Dolby TrueHD and/or
    > DTS-HD MA - actually even more, than there are on Betaray for now! With lots
    > of disk space left for bonus features too.
    >
    > So you can take your cretinity elsewhere... for example to the BR forums,
    > where that is the norm!
    >
    > You know, you Sony fanboys never cease to amaze me. One would think that now
    > that your crappy BR "has won", you would give it a rest, but apparently you
    > can not be happy unless you eat shit and spread dirt all over the place.
    > Have a circle **** with all the other fanboys celebrating your "win" and
    > give the rest of us a rest, will you??

    Why should we give you HD-DVD basturds a rest? No, we're not gonna do
    that. We put up with your whining and crying for months now, and you'll
    just have to man up and sit there and take it just like we did. Now,
    STFU and to answer your question, I like my coffee hot, black and NOW!

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Feb 17, 2008
  17. On Feb 17, 3:17 pm, Jer <> wrote:
    > ZVR wrote:
    > >> HD DVD's bandwidth
    > >> would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    > >> studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    > > Did anybody ever call you on your true name... eg. the idiot you are?! There
    > > are plenty of 1080p-encoded releases on HD-DVD, with Dolby TrueHD and/or
    > > DTS-HD MA - actually even more, than there are on Betaray for now! With lots
    > > of disk space left for bonus features too.

    > > So you can take your cretinity elsewhere... for example to the BR forums,
    > > where that is the norm!

    > > You know, you Sony fanboys never cease to amaze me. One would think that now
    > > that your crappy BR "has won", you would give it a rest, but apparently you
    > > can not be happy unless you eat shit and spread dirt all over the place.
    > > Have a circle **** with all the other fanboys celebrating your "win" and
    > > give the rest of us a rest, will you??

    > Why should we give you HD-DVD basturds a rest? No, we're not gonna do
    > that. We put up with your whining and crying for months now, and you'll
    > just have to man up and sit there and take it just like we did. Now,
    > STFU and to answer your question, I like my coffee hot, black and NOW!
    >
    > --
    > jer
    > email reply - I am not a 'ten'

    ROTFLMAO

    What a fucking dumbass.
    The alMIGHTY N, Feb 19, 2008
  18. ninphan

    ninphan Guest

    On Feb 17, 2:22 pm, Lloyd Parsons <> wrote:
    > As to the bandwidth issue, utter hogwash.  1080p/24 is already being
    > done on HDDVD and there was plenty of room for all the movies.- Hide quoted text -

    Must be tough not being able to read isn't it?

    Here is what I said:

    "HD DVD's bandwidth would never have allowed for a constant release
    schedule from all studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy
    Dolby 5.1."

    Now what part of that says "HD DVD's bandwidth would never have
    allowed for a niche status release schedule from 3 of the major
    studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1"

    Go ahead Lloyd, answer that question. You haven't refuted my statement
    at all, which is backed up by compressionists. If HD DVD had won and
    all studios were to release on that format with a release schedule fit
    for mass market adoption (ie - titles released per week) then they
    could never have done it with 1080p and lossless audio, without
    looking like crap. Only Blu-ray with its 18 Mbps advantage has the
    bandwidth to handle all major studios encoding and ramping up release
    schedule to hit mass market adoption acceptable levels.

    Now, take your foot out of your mouth.

    Sure, with only three studios, one of whom (Paramount) has the least
    robust release schedule of all averaging 30 titles per year, releasing
    on HD DVD they are capable of doing 1080p encodes with a few lossless
    audio tracks here and there, whoopity doo!!
    ninphan, Feb 19, 2008
  19. ninphan

    ninphan Guest

    On Feb 17, 2:31 pm, "ZVR" <> wrote:
    > > HD DVD's bandwidth
    > > would never have allowed for a constant release schedule from all
    > > studios without dropping down to 720p and lossy Dolby 5.1.

    > Did anybody ever call you on your true name... eg. the idiot you are?! There
    > are plenty of 1080p-encoded releases on HD-DVD, with Dolby TrueHD and/or
    > DTS-HD MA - actually even more, than there are on Betaray for now! With lots
    > of disk space left for bonus features too.
    >
    > So you can take your cretinity elsewhere... for example to the BR forums,
    > where that is the norm!
    >
    > You know, you Sony fanboys never cease to amaze me. One would think that now
    > that your crappy BR "has won", you would give it a rest, but apparently you
    > can not be happy unless you eat shit and spread dirt all over the place.
    > Have a circle **** with all the other fanboys celebrating your "win" and
    > give the rest of us a rest, will you??

    Did anyone ever call you by your true name, which is "Guy who can't
    read"
    See my retort to Lloyd - try taking a few seconds to comprehend what
    you're reading before you start posting like an idiot.

    As for your comment about HD DVD having more lossless TrueHD/dts-ma
    titles available than Blu-ray, that's a flat out lie.
    Not only does it conveniently ignore the 180+ titles with PCM on them
    (which is uncompressed/lossless) but it's still a lie.
    There are over 105 titles on Blu-ray with either TrueHD or dts-ma,
    plus over 185 titles with PCM.

    If you want a rest, stop posting you idiot. Do you need everything
    explained to you?
    ninphan, Feb 19, 2008
  20. ninphan

    ZVR Guest

    >Only Blu-ray with its 18 Mbps advantage has the
    >bandwidth to handle all major studios encoding and ramping up release
    >schedule to hit mass market adoption acceptable levels.

    Clean the foam around your mouth, boy. Then post.

    Both BR and HD-DVD exceed BY FAR the bandwidth levels required for true HD,
    and while it may be true that BR potentially offers more, that means nada in
    the real world - at least for high-definition movie playback. The only thing
    that did matter, was the marketing machine behind BR and all the Sony
    maneuvers and under-handed tactics... that plus the fact Microsoft never
    really got behind HD-DVD. The rest is history. This war was never about
    specs in the first place, you moron.
    ZVR, Feb 19, 2008