    --
    "Nothing is more sacred than facts. Where we have reason, we don't need
    faith."

    SightSeer, Jan 17, 2005

  2. SightSeer wrote:
    > Whenever I wake my computer from sleep/standby mode there is a rather
    > signifigant delay that both TB and FF say they cannot access the
    > internet. Any ideas? Running XP if it matters.
    >
    > SS

    How much is "rather significant". If its 30 seconds, that's one thing,
    five minutes would be another.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2005

  3. SightSeer

    SightSeer Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > SightSeer wrote:
    >
    >> Whenever I wake my computer from sleep/standby mode there is a rather
    >> signifigant delay that both TB and FF say they cannot access the
    >> internet. Any ideas? Running XP if it matters.
    >>
    >> SS

    > How much is "rather significant". If its 30 seconds, that's one thing,
    > five minutes would be another.
    >
    > Lee

    Fair enough,
    It varies but anywhere from 45secs to a min and a half. Now granted
    this might be something more with XP reestablishing the network
    connection. Just figured I'd check.

    SS

    SightSeer, Jan 17, 2005
  4. i dont recommend the sleep/awake function if yer puter has it anyway...
    leave it on 24/7 (new puters use less energy and are safe to be left
    running.
    otherwise turn it off. guarantee to run better than putting to "sleep
    Numb

    Comfortably Numb, Jan 18, 2005
  5. On 2005-01-18, Comfortably Numb <ya> wrote:

    > i dont recommend the sleep/awake function if yer puter has it anyway...
    > leave it on 24/7 (new puters use less energy and are safe to be left
    > running.
    > otherwise turn it off. guarantee to run better than putting to "sleep

    Unless it's a laptop, of course...

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Jan 18, 2005