    suggestions?

    tia
    jd
    JR, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Hello,
    One thing you might try is to go to "device manager" select the NIC, look at
    it's properties
    and see if there is a tab that will allow you to use "wake on LAN". You see
    even though you
    have enabled in in the BIOS you must also tell the operating system how to
    handle it.
    Just a thought. Maybe someone else with a better answer will show up with
    other
    suggestions.

    Is this the only network client running Windows ME?
    DennisC

    Dennis C. Cooney, Jul 22, 2003

  3. JR

    Metaphoid Guest

    <JR> wrote in message news:...
    > I have an Asus A7V-133 mobo with WinME on PC1.
    >
    > I have enabled wake-on-LAN in the BIOS but pinging PC1 from other LAN
    > PCs does not start it.
    >
    > Other s with Asus A7V or A7V133C mobos in the LAN start OK using
    > wake-on-LAN and ping.
    >
    > suggestions?

    Silly question, but have you connected the card to the mobo via a WOL
    header?
    Metaphoid, Jul 22, 2003
  4. JR

    JR Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:09:32 +1000, "Metaphoid"
    <> wrote:

    ><JR> wrote in message news:...
    >> I have an Asus A7V-133 mobo with WinME on PC1.
    >>
    >> I have enabled wake-on-LAN in the BIOS but pinging PC1 from other LAN
    >> PCs does not start it.
    >>
    >> Other s with Asus A7V or A7V133C mobos in the LAN start OK using
    >> wake-on-LAN and ping.
    >>
    >> suggestions?

    >Silly question, but have you connected the card to the mobo via a WOL
    >header?

    wot's a WOL header?

    jd
    JR, Jul 22, 2003
  5. JR

    JR Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:49:09 -0700, "Dennis C. Cooney"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >One thing you might try is to go to "device manager" select the NIC, look at
    >it's propertiesand see if there is a tab that will allow you to use "wake on LAN". You see
    >even though you have enabled in in the BIOS you must also tell the operating system how to
    >handle it.

    There was no setting there to do what you suggested.

    jd
    JR, Jul 22, 2003
  6. JR

    Metaphoid Guest

    <JR> wrote in message news:...
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:09:32 +1000, "Metaphoid"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > ><JR> wrote in message news:...
    > >> I have an Asus A7V-133 mobo with WinME on PC1.
    > >>
    > >> I have enabled wake-on-LAN in the BIOS but pinging PC1 from other LAN
    > >> PCs does not start it.
    > >>
    > >> Other s with Asus A7V or A7V133C mobos in the LAN start OK using
    > >> wake-on-LAN and ping.
    > >>
    > >> suggestions?

    > >Silly question, but have you connected the card to the mobo via a WOL
    > >header?

    > wot's a WOL header?

    Your motherboard should have a three pin header labelled WOL, or WakeOnLan.
    Your network card will have one as well, and you need to run a WOL cable
    between the two to enable the function.
    Metaphoid, Jul 24, 2003