Waikiki Beach

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Jan 27, 2011.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Jan 27, 2011

  2. mmyvusenet

    Guest

    , Jan 27, 2011

  3. In article <>,
    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.
    >
    > --
    > MMYV
    > http://www.mmyv.com

    You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
    from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
    the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
    cheat by shearing the image straight.
    --
    I will not see posts or email from Google because I must filter them as spam

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 28, 2011
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4d425094$0$22130$...

    In article <>,
    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of Lima:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYV
    >> http://www.mmyv.com

    > You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
    > from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
    > the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
    > cheat by shearing the image straight.

    Thanks for your interesting comment, I took this other picture of this other
    beach where there are some improvements where I also tried to show some
    characteristics of the beach:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5402919403/

    Thanks for your comments.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Jan 31, 2011
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "George Kerby" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:C96C6947.47172%...

    On 1/30/11 10:21 PM, in article ,
    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:

    >> "Kevin McMurtrie" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:4d425094$0$22130$...

    >>> You need to shoot the photo from a little bit higher up. Perspective
    >>> from your point causes the horizon to slope up in the foreground, making
    >>> the image look like it's rotated a few degrees CCW. You could also
    >>> cheat by shearing the image straight.

    >> Thanks for your interesting comment, I took this other picture of this
    >> other
    >> beach where there are some improvements where I also tried to show some
    >> characteristics of the beach:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5402919403/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYV
    >> http://www.mmyv.com
    >>

    > "OUCH!" How do those people lay on those rocks?!? That's not a beach -
    > more
    > like a moonscape, LOL!

    Hello George, these beaches are typical of this part of Lima, I will try
    after taking photos of sandy beaches.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Feb 3, 2011
  6. mmyvusenet

    John Turco Guest

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    > Hello:
    >
    > I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of
    > Lima:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
    >
    > Thanks for your comments.

    There's a "Waikiki Beach" in Hawaii (a U.S. state), too.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 28, 2011
  7. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "John Turco" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...

    mmyvusenet wrote:

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> I took this this photo of this other beautiful beach of
    >> Lima:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5391460935/
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    > There's a "Waikiki Beach" in Hawaii (a U.S. state), too.
    >
    > --
    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>
    >
    > Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>

    Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and there
    are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of those
    moments:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/

    This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
    interesting.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 2, 2011
  8. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and there
    >are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of those
    >moments:
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
    >
    >This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
    >interesting.

    Truly another multi-award winning image.

    Just look at all those awards!

    Bruce, Mar 2, 2011
  9. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and
    >>there
    >>are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of
    >>those
    >>moments:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
    >>
    >>This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
    >>interesting.

    > Truly another multi-award winning image.
    >
    > Just look at all those awards!

    Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in the
    best possible.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 2, 2011
  10. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >noticias:...
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>>Hello John, interesting that you mention, it's summer now in Lima, and
    >>>there
    >>>are times when the heat is strong enough, I took this photo in one of
    >>>those
    >>>moments:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5488912771/
    >>>
    >>>This is another view of the beach, and as Waikiki is also usually very
    >>>interesting.

    >> Truly another multi-award winning image.
    >>
    >> Just look at all those awards!

    >Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in the
    >best possible.

    Do you think those "awards" mean anything?

    Bruce, Mar 2, 2011
  11. mmyvusenet

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>noticias:...

    >>> Truly another multi-award winning image.
    >>>
    >>> Just look at all those awards!

    >>Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in
    >>the
    >>best possible.

    > Do you think those "awards" mean anything?

    These are another form of expression.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 2, 2011
  12. mmyvusenet

    Hans Kruse Guest

    Here is a beach overview http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/127699037/original

    --
    Med venlig hilsen/With Kind Regards,
    Hans Kruse

    Hans Kruse, Mar 2, 2011
  13. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >noticias:...
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>>"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>>noticias:...

    >>>Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in
    >>>the
    >>>best possible.

    >> Do you think those "awards" mean anything?

    >These are another form of expression.

    But do they mean anything?

    What do they tell us about your photography that we don't already
    know?

    Bruce, Mar 3, 2011
  14. mmyvusenet

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 00:47:41 +0000, Bruce <>
    wrote:

    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >>"Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>noticias:...

    >>> Do you think those "awards" mean anything?

    >>These are another form of expression.

    >But do they mean anything?
    >
    >What do they tell us about your photography that we don't already
    >know?

    The "awards" in Flickr are meaningless, but it isn't the
    photographer's doing.

    The forums at DigitalGrin used to have some honest critiques, but they
    have given way to the claques. All photos receive a "Great shot!".

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    tony cooper, Mar 3, 2011
  15. mmyvusenet

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/2/2011 3:03 PM, Bruce wrote:
    > "mmyvusenet"<> wrote:
    >> "Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:...

    >>> Truly another multi-award winning image.
    >>>
    >>> Just look at all those awards!

    >> Certainly, nature is always nice to see, and I always try to express in the
    >> best possible.

    > Do you think those "awards" mean anything?

    Let's see Brucie do better.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 3, 2011
  16. mmyvusenet

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/2/2011 8:41 PM, tony cooper wrote:
    > On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 00:47:41 +0000, Bruce<>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "mmyvusenet"<> wrote:
    >>> "Bruce" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>> noticias:...

    >>> These are another form of expression.

    >> But do they mean anything?
    >>
    >> What do they tell us about your photography that we don't already
    >> know?

    > The "awards" in Flickr are meaningless, but it isn't the
    > photographer's doing.
    >
    > The forums at DigitalGrin used to have some honest critiques, but they
    > have given way to the claques. All photos receive a "Great shot!".

    Outside of the camera clubs and my daughter, who is my severest critic,
    I have yet to find a place to get honest critiques. The only workshop I
    have found is in Maine. Based on reports from some friends, too many of
    the other workshops stroke you. I witnessed one workshop, run by an
    individual with a "strong reputation" where he had five students.A shot
    opportunity came along and he ran for the shot, without informing his
    students. I was not one of his students, but He and I were talking at
    the time so he pointed the shot out to me. Meanwhile, his assistant was
    about 150 yards away doing her own thing. While I learned a lot from
    that five minute conversation, I would never take a workshop with him
    and am leery of others.

    Of course, there is the most severe of all. the marketplace.

    --
    Peter

    PeterN, Mar 3, 2011
  17. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:4d6eae1b$0$23753$...

    On 2011-02-03 03:21:33 +0100, "mmyvusenet" <>
    said:

    >> "George Kerby" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:C96C6947.47172%...

    >>> "OUCH!" How do those people lay on those rocks?!? That's not a beach -
    >>> more
    >>> like a moonscape, LOL!

    >> Hello George, these beaches are typical of this part of Lima, I will try
    >> after taking photos of sandy beaches.

    > Here is a beach overview
    > http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/127699037/original
    >
    > --
    > Med venlig hilsen/With Kind Regards,
    > Hans Kruse
    > www.hanskrusephotography.com, www.hanskruse.com,
    > http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hans-Kruse-Photography/271477435625

    Hello, interesting photo, it seems you took the picture from one of the
    hotels near or in the district of Barranco.

    In the historical center of Lima there are now times like these:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5456830987/

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com

    mmyvusenet, Mar 4, 2011
  18. mmyvusenet

    Hans Kruse Guest

    On 2011-03-04 02:30:41 +0100, "mmyvusenet" <> said:

    > Hello, interesting photo, it seems you took the picture from one of the
    > hotels near or in the district of Barranco.

    It was in Barancco, but not from a hotel. It was from one of the viewpoints.

    I photographed also some of the surfers
    http://www.pbase.com/hkruse/image/109004481/original

    > In the historical center of Lima there are now times like these:

    I was a lot in the historical center going to places where the painter
    Enrico Polanco had made many of his paintings.
    Here is a testament to the cooperation I had with Polanco

    http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Street-Scenes/Lima-2nd-Edition

    Hans Kruse, Mar 4, 2011
  19. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    Bruce, Mar 4, 2011
  20. mmyvusenet

    Hans Kruse Guest

    On 2011-03-04 13:48:13 +0100, Bruce <> said:

    > Hans Kruse <> wrote:
    >> I was a lot in the historical center going to places where the painter
    >> Enrico Polanco had made many of his paintings.
    >> Here is a testament to the cooperation I had with Polanco
    >>
    >> http://www.hanskrusephotography.com/Street-Scenes/Lima-2nd-Edition

    > An outstanding portrait. Thanks for posting.

    Thanks very much. Did you see the gallery too. Maybe confusing that the
    portrait comes up before the thumbnails of the gallery.

    Hans Kruse, Mar 4, 2011