    not on the DVD). The screen also says Saatchi & Saatchi - GNY/Tri
    State TDA. It seems to be some internal corporate thing.

    Anyone have any idea how this ended up on the Wages of Fear disc?
    Limited Edition Clear Vinyl, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Limited Edition Clear Vinyl

    Waxy Jones Guest

    "Limited Edition Clear Vinyl" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > I just opened my copy of Criterion's Wages of Fear in DVD Shrink and
    > found something a little strange. For those who don't know, DVD Shrink
    > is used to backup/copy DVDs. It processes all the information on the
    > disc, and indexes all the audio and video it finds.
    >
    > Wages of Fear has no extras, so I was suprised to find a folder listed
    > as Unreferenced Material along with the usual Menus and Main Movie
    > folders. Inside was a piece of video that looks like a menu. It's
    > called "Toyota's TV Guy Campaign" and seems to be a menu of 10
    > different Toyota commercials (although the commercials themselves are
    > not on the DVD). The screen also says Saatchi & Saatchi - GNY/Tri
    > State TDA. It seems to be some internal corporate thing.
    >
    > Anyone have any idea how this ended up on the Wages of Fear disc?

    It is subliminal advetrising. Frames from the Toyota ads play during Wages
    of Fear so that by the end of the feature you are compelled to purchase a
    Toyota SUV just in case you ever have to transport dangerous goods. It is a
    plot by the oil and auto companies and the government to keep us dependant
    on petrolium by driving gas guzzling vehicles so that we are in a perpetual
    state of war for oil, so that the government can control us through
    patriotic propoganda. Of course, I could be wrong.
    Waxy Jones, Dec 10, 2003

  3. Limited Edition Clear Vinyl

    CNDA Guest

    "Waxy Jones" <> wrote in message

    > It is subliminal advetrising. Frames from the Toyota ads play during

    Wages
    > of Fear so that by the end of the feature you are compelled to

    purchase a
    > Toyota SUV just in case you ever have to transport dangerous goods.

    One for the waxer. :))

    C├ęsar.
    CNDA, Dec 10, 2003