    ....and yes--as a matter of fact...the underwater prairie grass really was
    that bright.

    -Mark
    Mark², Apr 17, 2006

  2. "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58770336/original
    >
    > I'm happy to say that this ISN'T a shot "everyone takes,"

    Sheesh. It sure as heck should be. Good work.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, Apr 17, 2006

  3. Andrew MacPherson, Apr 17, 2006
  4. Mark²

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Paul Rubin, Apr 17, 2006
  5. (Andrew MacPherson) wrote:

    > Worth the wet fett! :)

    Hopefully it was only your feet that got wet.

    Andrew McP
    Andrew MacPherson, Apr 17, 2006
  6. Mark²

    Backbone Guest

    WOW - looks exactly like a friends shot from Yosemite last week!!! - you
    didn't happen to meet some guy that was using a 4x5 camera possibly?

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58770336/original
    >
    > Last week in Yosemite.
    > After 4 days making trips into the park, the rain (and snow) finally

    stopped
    > and the sun broke through...
    >
    > I'm happy to say that this ISN'T a shot "everyone takes," since this

    meadow
    > isn't usually flooded...and I was the only person in 4 days that was

    willing

    Backbone, Apr 17, 2006
  7. Mark²

    Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:10:10 -0700, "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58770336/original
    >
    > Last week in Yosemite.
    > After 4 days making trips into the park, the rain (and snow) finally stopped
    > and the sun broke through...
    >
    > I'm happy to say that this ISN'T a shot "everyone takes," since this meadow
    > isn't usually flooded...and I was the only person in 4 days that was willing
    > to wade out into the temporary pond with my tripod.
    > ;)
    > ...and yes--as a matter of fact...the underwater prairie grass really was
    > that bright.

    Next time visit a fishing tackle shop and buy a pair of waders. :)
    , Apr 17, 2006
  8. Mark²

    ½ Confused Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:10:10 -0700
    In message <SqF0g.7176$Qz.4522@fed1read11>
    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> wrote:

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58770336/original
    >
    > Last week in Yosemite.

    Oh hum.

    Not jealous.

    Looked like that in the LA river last week after the rain...

    ;-)

    Jeff
    ½ Confused, Apr 17, 2006
  9. Mark²

    Tim Guest

    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58770336/original
    >
    > Last week in Yosemite.
    > After 4 days making trips into the park, the rain (and snow) finally
    > stopped and the sun broke through...
    >
    > I'm happy to say that this ISN'T a shot "everyone takes," since this
    > meadow isn't usually flooded...and I was the only person in 4 days
    > that was willing to wade out into the temporary pond with my tripod.
    > ;)
    > ...and yes--as a matter of fact...the underwater prairie grass really
    > was that bright.
    >
    > -Mark

    Have stood there in drier conditions :)
    Nice shot
    Tim
    Tim, Apr 17, 2006
  10. Mark²

    Rich Guest

    Excellent shot, but you should post it larger.
    Rich, Apr 17, 2006
  11. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Rich wrote:
    > Excellent shot, but you should post it larger.

    Some people complain when I do...but I will...
    Mark², Apr 17, 2006
  12. Mark² wrote:
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    >>Excellent shot, but you should post it larger.

    > Some people complain when I do...but I will...

    Thanks, what you did post is fine, but a tad larger would be great....

    heading there in a month.

    --
    John
    John McWilliams, Apr 17, 2006
  13. Mark²

    Ben Thomas Guest

    Ben Thomas, Apr 18, 2006
  14. Mark²

    ant Guest

    ant, Apr 18, 2006
  15. Mark²

    Skip M Guest

    Skip M, Apr 18, 2006
  16. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Backbone wrote:
    > WOW - looks exactly like a friends shot from Yosemite last week!!! -
    > you didn't happen to meet some guy that was using a 4x5 camera
    > possibly?

    Actually it wasn't last week...but the week before....so no. I didn't see
    anyone like that.
    Unless he was standing in water, he couldn't have taken the "same shot."
    :)
    -But if he got muddy...good for him and his efforts. :)

    The thing about "same shots" -especially with notable weather elements--is
    that they (of course) can never really be the same shot.
    I took a series of photos from this exact spot, frame and orientation. It
    was interesting to review them in sequence because it vividly illustrated
    just how dramatically a scene changes...moment by moment.

    Shots taken within 30 seconds of this shot had none of its color/character.

    Not news to me (or likely you)...but it never fails to amaze me just how
    important timing and patience can be.
    -Mark

    Mark², Apr 18, 2006
  17. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Mark² wrote:
    >> Rich wrote:
    >>
    >>> Excellent shot, but you should post it larger.

    >> Some people complain when I do...but I will...
    >>

    > Thanks, what you did post is fine, but a tad larger would be great....

    OK.
    This one's about 1/2 MB.
    The reason I didn't post larger is because many don't have monitors that can
    view the entire image...especially when it is shot in portrait
    orientation...but here ya go...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original

    > heading there in a month.

    Great!
    I was just thinking...it would be interesting to see how this same
    perspective shot would change in appearance after a month...
    Wanna try it?
    :)
    Maybe I could manage to tell you where I was standing...
    Mark², Apr 18, 2006
  18. Mark²

    Mark² Guest

    Mark², Apr 18, 2006
  19. Mark² wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >
    >>Mark² wrote:

    >>>Some people complain when I do...but I will...
    >>>

    >>Thanks, what you did post is fine, but a tad larger would be great....

    > OK.
    > This one's about 1/2 MB.
    > The reason I didn't post larger is because many don't have monitors that can
    > view the entire image...especially when it is shot in portrait
    > orientation...but here ya go...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/58828940/original
    >

    >>heading there in a month.

    > Great!
    > I was just thinking...it would be interesting to see how this same
    > perspective shot would change in appearance after a month...
    > Wanna try it?
    > :)
    > Maybe I could manage to tell you where I was standing...

    Doesn't the EXIF data contain the GPS coordinates?? <s.>

    Sure, I am game to try to take some from the same spot... the trees will
    be bigger, but perhaps not noticeably.....

    Thanks for posting the bigger image. Worth a little scrolling....

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 18, 2006
  20. Mark²