    b) Still be able to use the Logitech driver for said mouse.

    Thanks,

    Si.

    Si, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Si

    pjp Guest

    Windows "virtualizes" the mouse so the pointer on the screen re-acts to all
    the input devices.

    I typically use my tablets mouse (Wacom Graphire) along with a regular
    Logitech mouse together to avoid passing the one mouse back and forth when
    playing Links with friends.

    You can use multipule input devices all at once. Whatever one's moved,
    clicked etc. the "virtual" mouse does it.

    I've actually had as many as four "mice" connected at once, regular,
    trackball, Wacom and a larger old Summagraphics digitizing tablet. No
    problems.

    pjp, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Si

    Si Guest

    But does the Wacom driver then control the Logitech mouse, or does the
    Logitech mouse still get driven by its own driver?

    Si.

    Si, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Si

    Hecate Guest

    On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:49:22 +0100, "Si" <>
    wrote:

    >But does the Wacom driver then control the Logitech mouse, or does the
    >Logitech mouse still get driven by its own driver?

    The Logitech device uses it's own driver; the tablet uses it's own
    driver. It's just another input device.

    --

    Hecate

    veni, vidi, reliqui

    Hecate, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Si

    Mark M Guest

    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've a Logitech USB optical mouse that I'm very happy with...
    >
    > But I'm considering the purchase of a graphics tablet.
    >
    > Can you tell me if the tablet drivers for either the Wacom Volito or
    > Graphire3 range will overide the driver I've got installed for my Logitech
    > mouse - i.e. will I:
    >
    > a) Still be able to use my mouse
    >
    > b) Still be able to use the Logitech driver for said mouse.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Both will continue to work as before.
    --You could have 5 or 50 mice hooked up and active on a machine if you
    wanted to for some strange reason.

    Mark M, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Si

    pjp Guest

    You install the drivers for each device although it's not neccessary for
    basic functionality (least with my regular setup of Logitech 3 button scroll
    mouse on ps2 port and Wacom tablet on usb). In fact, Safe Mode "sees" the
    USB tablet as a mouse and it's the logitech that's ignored (suspect it's
    because BIOS set to support usb mouse and keyboard).

    You only need the drivers for dictating what the middle button does, scroll
    wheel, limit tablet/screen area etc. specific to what each device allows.

    Only thing I've noticed is that sometimes Windows seems to become "confused"
    about button pressed or not when using both the logitech mouse and the
    wacom's mouse at same time. Only time that really happens here (using both
    at same time) is playing Links in order to facilitate passing mouse back and
    forth with friends. We've learned to simply not leave the Wacom mouse laying
    on the tablet itself when who's "up" is using the Logitech mouse. I suspect
    the "photo" guys using a tablet and a mouse also tend to not leave the
    pen/mouse laying on the tablet while using their traditional mouse.

    pjp, Apr 9, 2004
  7. Si

    Xalinai Guest

    wrote:

    >But does the Wacom driver then control the Logitech mouse, or does the
    >Logitech mouse still get driven by its own driver?

    Each Device is driven by its own driver.
    Both drivers move the mouse driver according to usual device
    behaviour: The mouse driver relative to its last position, the pen
    driver to absolute screen positions.

    There is only one thing you shouldn't do: Drop the pen on the active
    area of the tablet and expect the mouse to have any effect.

    Michael

    Xalinai, Apr 9, 2004
  8. Si

    Hunt Guest

    In article <c543h6$8me$>, says

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've a Logitech USB optical mouse that I'm very happy with...
    >
    >But I'm considering the purchase of a graphics tablet.
    >
    >Can you tell me if the tablet drivers for either the Wacom Volito or
    >Graphire3 range will overide the driver I've got installed for my Logitech
    >mouse - i.e. will I:
    >
    >a) Still be able to use my mouse
    >
    >b) Still be able to use the Logitech driver for said mouse.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Si.

    I cannot address the specific models of Wacom that you mention, but I have USB
    mice (all MS) on all of my machines which have ARTZII serial (2), IntuousI &
    IntousII tablets, and there is no conflict, what so ever. I even swap an
    IntuousI mouse and pen regularly, and also use my MS IntelliMouse Explorer 4
    for the Web - never a glitch. There used to be some conflicts back when both
    mice and tablets were serial, but those drivers are long gone. Good luck.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jul 26, 2004
  9. Si

    Hunt Guest

    In article <c54dqj$mm2$>, says

    >But does the Wacom driver then control the Logitech mouse, or does the
    >Logitech mouse still get driven by its own driver?
    >
    >Si.
    >
    >"pjp" <pjp_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
    >> Windows "virtualizes" the mouse so the pointer on the screen re-acts to

    >all
    >> the input devices.
    >>
    >> I typically use my tablets mouse (Wacom Graphire) along with a regular
    >> Logitech mouse together to avoid passing the one mouse back and forth when
    >> playing Links with friends.
    >>
    >> You can use multipule input devices all at once. Whatever one's moved,
    >> clicked etc. the "virtual" mouse does it.
    >>
    >> I've actually had as many as four "mice" connected at once, regular,
    >> trackball, Wacom and a larger old Summagraphics digitizing tablet. No
    >> problems.
    >>
    >> "Si" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I've a Logitech USB optical mouse that I'm very happy with...
    >> >
    >> > But I'm considering the purchase of a graphics tablet.
    >> >
    >> > Can you tell me if the tablet drivers for either the Wacom Volito or
    >> > Graphire3 range will overide the driver I've got installed for my

    >Logitech
    >> > mouse - i.e. will I:
    >> >
    >> > a) Still be able to use my mouse
    >> >
    >> > b) Still be able to use the Logitech driver for said mouse.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks,
    >> >
    >> > Si.

    In the case of the MS IntelliMouse(s), they have their own driver, apart from
    the tablet's.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Jul 26, 2004
  10. Si

    ~Doc Guest

    > >Can you tell me if the tablet drivers for either the Wacom Volito or
    > >Graphire3 range will overide the driver I've got installed for my

    Logitech
    > >mouse - i.e. will I:
    > >
    > >a) Still be able to use my mouse
    > >
    > >b) Still be able to use the Logitech driver for said mouse.
    > >
    > >Thanks,

    I have a Trackman Marble and Intuos 2 running at the same time, no problems
    whatsoever. Windows 2000.

    ~Doc

    ~Doc, Jul 27, 2004
  11. Si

    ~Doc Guest

    "~Doc" <> wrote in message

    > I have a Trackman Marble and Intuos 2 running at the same time, no

    problems
    > whatsoever. Windows 2000.
    >
    > ~Doc

    I got to thinking about this after I sent the last post and I realized that
    the last time I purged my system I just went with the default Windows
    drivers instead of Logitech's. Bought the Intuos since then so my last post
    doesn't actually address your problem. Sorry about that.

    ~Doc

    ~Doc, Jul 27, 2004
  12. Si

    Turbohat Guest

    "Hunt" <> wrote in message
    > In article <c543h6$8me$>,

    says

    &
    > IntousII tablets, and there is no conflict, what so ever. I even swap an
    > IntuousI mouse and pen regularly, and also use my MS IntelliMouse Explorer

    4
    > for the Web - never a glitch. There used to be some conflicts back when

    both
    > mice and tablets were serial, but those drivers are long gone. Good luck.
    >
    > Hunt

    I am using a Wacom Volito and my regular wired mouse with no problems. (the
    Volito mouse is horrible!)

    Turbohat, Jul 27, 2004