    it does then why arent they also corrupted, I have run all the usual spyware
    adware and AV stuff to see if some nasty has messed it up but this shows a
    blank, any ideas?
    D@Z, May 11, 2005

  2. D@Z

    philo Guest

    D@Z wrote:
    > Here we go.... When I open the History pane in IE the web pages have a
    > prefix Z@ so http://www.google.com appears as Z@http://www.google.com .I
    > have posted this before and was told it was a faulty History folder and went
    > through a complicated process to try repair , with no luck.Now here is the
    > wacky bit, I have installed Firefox and when I click History in that Browser
    > my previous searches all show up as they should be, now does Firefox have
    > its own folder for the history pages

    yes

    or does it borrow them from IE? and if

    philo, May 11, 2005

  3. D@Z

    °Mike° Guest

    There is nothing complicated about it. I suggest that you
    try again -- you have to delete your history folder from
    Safe Mode Command Prompt.

    No, Firefox does not share IE's history folder, it has it's own.

    Re-read the instructions that I previously gave you:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?J58B22F0B

    In <>,
    D@Z took 12 lines to utter:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, May 11, 2005
  4. D@Z

    D@Z Guest

    well mike I am sorry to say ythat those instructions do not work. All I get
    is either file not found or in use by another process. this is in safe mode
    with command prompt.I have tried every combination to type the command line
    in, with and without the punctuation marks all to no avail.how come firefox
    imported the url from the history from IE correctly? if it was corrupt then
    surely it would not recognise them?? I am at a loss her, maybe I should just
    use firefox and ditch IE completely

    D@Z, May 12, 2005
  5. D@Z

    °Mike° Guest

    Rubbish. Just look at your typing/spelling, for pity's
    sake -- it is no wonder that you can't get this to work.

    As I already stated, if you are getting a "file not found",
    or "in use by another program" type error, then you ARE
    doing something wrong, no matter what you say.

    In <>,
    D@Z took 26 lines to utter:

    >well mike I am sorry to say ythat those instructions do not work. All I get
    >is either file not found or in use by another process. this is in safe mode
    >with command prompt.I have tried every combination to type the command line
    >in, with and without the punctuation marks all to no avail.how come firefox
    >imported the url from the history from IE correctly? if it was corrupt then
    >surely it would not recognise them?? I am at a loss her, maybe I should just
    >use firefox and ditch IE completely

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance