WAAAY OT! Like piano?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by XS11E, Sep 6, 2009.

  1. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    Just got this from a friend:
    http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino

    Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans

    Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
    Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
    pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
    sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
    seat.

    This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
    forget!?

    Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
    others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
    directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Sep 6, 2009

  2. XS11E

    joevan Guest

    On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:58:45 -0700, XS11E <>
    wrote:

    >Just got this from a friend:
    >http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino
    >
    >Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
    >
    >Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
    >Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
    >pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
    >sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
    >seat.
    >
    >This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
    >forget!?
    >
    >Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
    >others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
    >directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

    Incredible.
    joevan, Sep 6, 2009

  3. XS11E

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The XS11E Post:
    > Just got this from a friend:
    > http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino
    >
    > Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
    >
    > Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
    > Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
    > pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
    > sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
    > seat.
    >
    > This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
    > forget!?
    >
    > Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
    > others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
    > directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

    O M G Thank You for the link. Spectacular!!! Ella's there also. <g>

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 6, 2009
  4. XS11E

    chuckcar Guest

    XS11E <> wrote in

    > Just got this from a friend:
    > http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino
    >
    > Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
    >
    > Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
    > Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
    > pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
    > sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
    > seat.
    >
    > This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
    > forget!?
    >
    > Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
    > others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
    > directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

    Was that the tribute to Ronny Hawkins? That's him in the background as
    Shaeffer walks away. It was on TV up here a short time ago

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Sep 7, 2009
  5. XS11E

    Clot Guest

    XS11E wrote:
    > Just got this from a friend:
    > http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-domino
    >
    > Recorded in 1987 at historic Storyville Night Club in New Orleans
    >
    > Here's something you don't see every day. Ray Charles, Jerry Lee
    > Lewis and Fats Domino - three of the greatest of their day - playing
    > pianos on the same stage at the same time. Brace yourself and make
    > sure your sound is on because this show will rock you out of your
    > seat.
    >
    > This is a once in a lifetime appearance and one you will not
    > forget!?
    >
    > Ron Woods of the Rolling Stones, Carl Perkins (Blue Suede Shoes) and
    > others playing back-up, a cameo appearance by Rod Stewart and all
    > directed by Paul Schaeffer, Letterman's band leader!

    That was fun. Thank you. Takes me back to when I visited NOLA in '92, I
    think. Cracking good time visiting the bars on Bourbon Street before they
    became what they are today.

    Best recollection was visiting an out of town location - a converted pair of
    shops to listen to Zydeco. There were folk there from way out of the State
    to listen to the music. Sheer fun.

    Was worried on the way out from an Italian Restaurant though. Armed doormen
    that would not let us out until the cab arrived!

    Overall, a wonderful experience that I cherish.
    Clot, Sep 8, 2009
  6. XS11E

    XS11E Guest

    "Clot" <> wrote:

    > XS11E wrote:
    >> Just got this from a friend:
    >> http://vodpod.com/watch/1116988-ray-charles-jerry-lee-lewis-fats-d
    >> omino

    > That was fun. Thank you.

    You're welcome!

    > Takes me back to when I visited NOLA in '92, I think. Cracking
    > good time visiting the bars on Bourbon Street before they became
    > what they are today.

    My first visit there was around that same time, we spent one evening
    listening to Pete Fountain, that was an unforgettable experience! We
    had only one evening there (other than the evening of our arrival) and
    I had to chose between hearing Fountain or Al Hirt, both were appearing
    that evening at different places. It was not an easy choice but I
    don't regret my decision.

    > Was worried on the way out from an Italian Restaurant though.
    > Armed doormen that would not let us out until the cab arrived!

    We were travelling by motorcycle* and stayed at the NO KOA which is
    actually in River Ridge. I'd never been to a KOA with armed guards
    before! Since we arrived late, he was the one who checked us in, he
    talked EXACTLY like Justin Wilson! (Ah guar-on-tee!)

    > Overall, a wonderful experience that I cherish.

    Ditto.

    *It wasn't our longest one day ride, it just seemed like it, we rode
    from a rally at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to NO, about 600 miles in
    pouring rain on an Interstate jammed with 18 wheelers throwing up muddy
    spray that made the windshield and face shields of our helmets almost
    opaque! I've never been so completely worn out from a ride before, I
    still look back at it as one of our more unpleasant rides. Because of
    the road conditions we arrived in NO Friday at rush hour! What a
    mess...

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Sep 8, 2009