    You've all been very kind,
    But time to call it quits methinks,
    Before I really lose my mind!

    Rainedon, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon continued:

    > I'm sat at the computer,
    > My poor head is all a-spin,
    > I don't know what is right from wrong,
    > Perhaps I should give in!
    > I read all the postings,
    > Some refer to me, not all,
    > But when I go to solve a prob,
    > I bash my head against a wall,
    > So, I want to thank you for the *help*,
    > You've all been very kind,
    > But time to call it quits methinks,
    > Before I really lose my mind!

    You ought to take the good advice
    And follow to the letter
    Everything that you are told
    And it will all get better.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Rainedon

    Michael Guest

    trout wrote:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon continued:
    >>
    >>> I'm sat at the computer,
    >>> My poor head is all a-spin,
    >>> I don't know what is right from wrong,
    >>> Perhaps I should give in!
    >>> I read all the postings,
    >>> Some refer to me, not all,
    >>> But when I go to solve a prob,
    >>> I bash my head against a wall,
    >>> So, I want to thank you for the *help*,
    >>> You've all been very kind,
    >>> But time to call it quits methinks,
    >>> Before I really lose my mind!

    >> You ought to take the good advice
    >> And follow to the letter
    >> Everything that you are told
    >> And it will all get better.

    > But good advice would also be
    > To see who does the doling
    > For if they say to 'format C'
    > You know that they are trolling.

    You know... I've often heard it said
    "There's one born every minute".
    It goes for trolls as well as fools,
    So heed the wisdom in it.
    --
    "I'm joining Doggerel Writers Anonymous, post-haste."

    Michael, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as trout continued:

    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon continued:
    >>
    >>> I'm sat at the computer,
    >>> My poor head is all a-spin,
    >>> I don't know what is right from wrong,
    >>> Perhaps I should give in!
    >>> I read all the postings,
    >>> Some refer to me, not all,
    >>> But when I go to solve a prob,
    >>> I bash my head against a wall,
    >>> So, I want to thank you for the *help*,
    >>> You've all been very kind,
    >>> But time to call it quits methinks,
    >>> Before I really lose my mind!

    >> You ought to take the good advice
    >> And follow to the letter
    >> Everything that you are told
    >> And it will all get better.

    > But good advice would also be
    > To see who does the doling
    > For if they say to 'format C'
    > You know that they are trolling.

    Be careful with your hardware,
    Be gentle and don't force it.
    Discard advice from 'Richard'
    Cos it's just more Bullis Bullshit.

    And when you've fixed the thing you thought
    You couldn't fix for toffee (playground revisited)
    You go and read one of Brian's jokes
    And spray the thing with coffee.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 17, 2003
  5. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Juan Pérez continued:

    > trout wrote:
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    >>> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon
    >>> continued:

    >>> You ought to take the good advice
    >>> And follow to the letter
    >>> Everything that you are told
    >>> And it will all get better.

    >> But good advice would also be
    >> To see who does the doling
    >> For if they say to 'format C'
    >> You know that they are trolling.

    > This is first class poetry
    > But needs to be resolved
    > So I leave you with this: 'Orange'.

    Other words that will not rhyme
    Include 'silver' and 'lemon'.
    At least since Kenny Everett
    Retired Captain Kremmen.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 17, 2003
  6. Rainedon

    oOOo Guest

    The boy stood on the burning deck
    his feet were full of blisters,
    He had two fingers up his arse
    the rest were up his sisters!

    oOOo, Jul 17, 2003
  7. Rainedon

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Michael said:

    > trout wrote:
    >
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>
    >>> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you ?"
    >>> I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon continued:

    >>> You ought to take the good advice
    >>> And follow to the letter
    >>> Everything that you are told
    >>> And it will all get better.

    >> But good advice would also be
    >> To see who does the doling
    >> For if they say to 'format C'
    >> You know that they are trolling.

    > You know... I've often heard it said
    > "There's one born every minute".
    > It goes for trolls as well as fools,
    > So heed the wisdom in it.

    Roses are red.
    Viloets are blue.
    Some poems rhyme.
    Others don't.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware mirror

    Brian H¹©, Jul 18, 2003
  8. Rainedon

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 04:40:34 GMT, in
    <6Z3Sa.109015$>
    Juan Pérez scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Roses are red.
    >Violets are blue.
    >My panties are black,
    >What color have you?

    Roses are red,
    And white, and yellow.
    Now give it a rest,
    There's a good fellow.

    --
    "Tact: making a point without making an enemy."

    °Mike°, Jul 19, 2003
  9. Rainedon

    MudBone Guest

    8< SNIP >8

    >> What are you; some kind of nut?
    >> There is no rhyme for Orange
    >> Don't let the door-knob hit your butt
    >> Or catch it in the door-hinge

    > The challenge, it was 'orange'
    > so I just thought of lozenge
    > da da da da, diddle da da da, da diddle diddle diddle diddle da

    *LOZENGE* rhymes with orange? hmmmmmmmmmmm boy have I been pronouncing
    my cough drop wrong. LOL

    MudBone, Jul 19, 2003
  10. Rainedon

    Patrick Guest

    MudBone wrote:
    > slumpy wrote:
    >
    > 8< SNIP >8
    >

    >>> This is first class poetry
    >>> But needs to be resolved
    >>> So I leave you with this: 'Orange'.

    >> Other words that will not rhyme
    >> Include 'silver' and 'lemon'.
    >> At least since Kenny Everett
    >> Retired Captain Kremmen.

    > Lemon will rhyme when you eat it in Yemin.

    Yet we have the rhyme;
    "Oranges and lemons, said the bells .."
    (Do you know of this rhyme across in US (or elsewhere), if not, its a ryhme
    about the different church bells of London.)

    Patrick, Jul 19, 2003
  11. Rainedon

    iceman Guest

    love it,
    Bells I hear in my head
    From London my mommy said
    Orange and lemon,mmmmm tastes good
    Sounds like a whiskey that was brewed in wood
    Have a good day
    to-morrow I again may come this way.

    iceman, Jul 19, 2003
  12. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:

    > MudBone wrote:
    >> slumpy wrote:
    >>
    >> 8< SNIP >8

    >>> Other words that will not rhyme
    >>> Include 'silver' and 'lemon'.
    >>> At least since Kenny Everett
    >>> Retired Captain Kremmen.

    >> Lemon will rhyme when you eat it in Yemin.

    > Yet we have the rhyme;
    > "Oranges and lemons, said the bells .."
    > (Do you know of this rhyme across in US (or elsewhere), if not, its a
    > ryhme about the different church bells of London.)

    Apparently not - it's about debts and settling up - the various 'bells'
    refer to different people who all owe each other money. Well according to
    Robert Elms anyway ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 19, 2003
  13. Rainedon

    Brian H¹© Guest

    slumpy said:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:
    >
    >> MudBone wrote:
    >>> slumpy wrote:
    >>>
    >>> 8< SNIP >8

    >>> Lemon will rhyme when you eat it in Yemin.

    >> Yet we have the rhyme;
    >> "Oranges and lemons, said the bells .."
    >> (Do you know of this rhyme across in US (or elsewhere), if not, its a
    >> ryhme about the different church bells of London.)

    > Apparently not - it's about debts and settling up - the various 'bells'
    > refer to different people who all owe each other money. Well according to
    > Robert Elms anyway ;-)

    It's funny how people know how to recite nursery rhymes, but have no idea what
    they are all about ;-)
    Like "ring a ring of roses, a pocket full of poses" is about a plague.
    Then there is "London bridge is burning down".
    I wonder if anyone knows what famous fire that one is all about ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Jul 19, 2003
  14. Rainedon

    Patrick Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:
    >
    >> MudBone wrote:
    >>> slumpy wrote:
    >>>
    >>> 8< SNIP >8

    >>> Lemon will rhyme when you eat it in Yemin.

    >> Yet we have the rhyme;
    >> "Oranges and lemons, said the bells .."
    >> (Do you know of this rhyme across in US (or elsewhere), if not, its a
    >> ryhme about the different church bells of London.)

    > Apparently not - it's about debts and settling up - the various
    > 'bells' refer to different people who all owe each other money. Well
    > according to Robert Elms anyway ;-)

    Yeah right,
    but it perhaps being something of a nursery rhyme, we perhaps don't want to
    spell out the sorry details.
    Is Robert Elms the writer, if he is perhaps he would like to solve our
    riddles. :)

    Patrick, Jul 19, 2003
  15. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:

    >>> Yet we have the rhyme;
    >>> "Oranges and lemons, said the bells .."
    >>> (Do you know of this rhyme across in US (or elsewhere), if not, its
    >>> a ryhme about the different church bells of London.)

    >> Apparently not - it's about debts and settling up - the various
    >> 'bells' refer to different people who all owe each other money. Well
    >> according to Robert Elms anyway ;-)

    > Yeah right,
    > but it perhaps being something of a nursery rhyme, we perhaps don't
    > want to spell out the sorry details.
    > Is Robert Elms the writer, if he is perhaps he would like to solve our
    > riddles. :)

    Hehe he's a journalist, broadcaster, travel-writer and does a top-quality
    show on London radio that concentrates on unanswered questions about Our
    Great Capital (yeah, right). Like...are there 5 masonic temples equally
    spaced in a pattern around Piccadilly Circus ? On rooftops ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 19, 2003
  16. Rainedon

    Patrick Guest

    slumpy wrote:
    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as Patrick continued:

    >>> Apparently not - it's about debts and settling up - the various
    >>> 'bells' refer to different people who all owe each other money. Well
    >>> according to Robert Elms anyway ;-)

    >> Yeah right,
    >> but it perhaps being something of a nursery rhyme, we perhaps don't
    >> want to spell out the sorry details.
    >> Is Robert Elms the writer, if he is perhaps he would like to solve
    >> our riddles. :)

    > Hehe he's a journalist, broadcaster, travel-writer and does a
    > top-quality show on London radio that concentrates on unanswered
    > questions about Our Great Capital (yeah, right). Like...are there 5
    > masonic temples equally spaced in a pattern around Piccadilly Circus
    > ? On rooftops ?

    Rings a bell somewhere !

    Patrick, Jul 19, 2003
  17. Rainedon

    Rainedon Guest

    Yep, ya right there. Shall I sing it to you?

    Rainedon, Jul 20, 2003
  18. Shep© wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:16:57 -0700, In this world we created "trout"
    > <> wrote :
    >
    > I killfile anyone who killfiles themselves.

    rotflmao

    (;o)

    --
    longshotjohn 7

    http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/hot2trot

    because of those who look on and do nothing. --Albert Einstein

    longshotjohn7, Jul 20, 2003
  19. Rainedon

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Rainedon continued:

    > Yep, ya right there. Shall I sing it to you?

    Only if you do it in the style of Nina Simone impersonating Frankie Valli.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Jul 20, 2003
  20. Rainedon

    Rainedon Guest

    Oh my, could it possibly be done in any other way?

    Rainedon, Jul 20, 2003