    on the server for non NT type OS or something specific to W98.

    Any idea where I should start looking?

    TIA

    oh ee, May 23, 2005

  2. oh ee wrote:
    > We have a Christchurch office which has several PC's running either XP or
    > W98. They all have drive mappings to a 2003 server in Auckland.
    >
    > The W98 PC's seem to drop the drive mappings from time to time and when they
    > do, they cannot be remapped until the PC is rebooted. The XP PC's have no
    > such problem. I am unsure of the way they are connected but as the XP PC's
    > are OK, I am going to presume that the fault is either a speciific setting
    > on the server for non NT type OS or something specific to W98.
    >
    > Any idea where I should start looking?

    A good start would be to install the Directory Services Client Update
    for Windows 98

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323455

    THat will get your NTLM up to v2

    Nathan Mercer, May 23, 2005

  3. oh ee

    oh ee Guest

    "Nathan Mercer" <> wrote in message
    > oh ee wrote:
    > > We have a Christchurch office which has several PC's running either XP

    or
    > > W98. They all have drive mappings to a 2003 server in Auckland.
    > >
    > > The W98 PC's seem to drop the drive mappings from time to time and when

    they
    > > do, they cannot be remapped until the PC is rebooted. The XP PC's have

    no
    > > such problem. I am unsure of the way they are connected but as the XP

    PC's
    > > are OK, I am going to presume that the fault is either a speciific

    setting
    > > on the server for non NT type OS or something specific to W98.
    > >
    > > Any idea where I should start looking?

    > A good start would be to install the Directory Services Client Update
    > for Windows 98
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323455
    >
    > THat will get your NTLM up to v2

    Forgot to mention :-( the 2003 server is running on a peer to peer network.
    Would this update still be worth trying?

    Thanks.

    oh ee, May 24, 2005