    The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.

    This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
    2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.
    Querulous, Apr 3, 2010

  2. Querulous

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Querulous" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9D4FC6CD8B1DrvgIII@207.46.248.16...

    > This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
    > 2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

    On same computer, with same wireless device?

    --pa
    Pavel A., Apr 3, 2010

  3. Querulous

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what wireless NIC and what driver?

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:12:58 -0700, Querulous <>
    wrote:

    >Windows 7 wireless is apparently buggy, according to several MS forums.
    >
    >After checking every obvious detail regarding wireless connection
    >possibilities, W7 still will not connect with any wireless router, when no
    >other OS (windows or not) has any problem at all.
    >
    >Does anyone know what the problem with W7 wireless is and will there EVER be
    >a fix for it?
    >
    >The connection uses WPA2 with DHCP and MAC ID. Nothing special.
    >
    >This is not only incredibly annoying, but utterly ridiculous, when even
    >2k/XP/V will work fine, but W7 won't.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
    Barb Bowman, Apr 3, 2010
  4. Querulous

    GTS Guest

    I haven’t found that to be the case in various customer installations and my
    own. I have, however, run into some very buggy drivers

    GTS, Apr 3, 2010
  5. Re: No Wireless Connection!

    Hi
    I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working with
    me.
    I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there is
    No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about what
    you use and how.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Apr 4, 2010
  6. Querulous

    Querulous Guest

    Re: No Wireless Connection!

    "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    > I use Win 7 with Wireless and so are numerous amount of people working
    > with me.
    > I do not know where the claims that mentioned above come from, and there
    > is No way to help you since you do not provide any technical info about
    > what you use and how.
    > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    As an update; we're in a big boat!

    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7network/thread/43f61a9c-
    069b-49ab-9f5b-f52ec2b1ef7e

    Reminiscent of the big -V- startup pains, no?

    Speculating (and hopeful); this may be a Sony Vaio (just to give credit
    where it is due) driver problem, causing a WPA2 handshake anomaly.

    Still unconfirmed, as we wait anxiously for the verdict.

    Time will tell.

    Querulous, Apr 15, 2010
  7. Querulous

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Re: No Wireless Connection!

    As Jack said, you really need to post info on your router and wireless NIC.
    details are required. The thread you reference is a big garbage pile of multiple
    problems because everyone assumes it is the same issue. That thread you point
    out is useless.

    Many of the higher end Sony VAIOs have Intel 5100/6200 NICs. And won't connect
    with WEP or TKIP. You must use WPA2-AES.
    http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/cs-025643.htm

    But without details, this is a shot in the dark.

    Barb Bowman, Apr 16, 2010
  8. Querulous

    blablabla

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I Fixed ALL my W7 wireless connection problems

    After getting fed up with the fact that every time I turned my new laptop with W7 on and had to wait 5 to 10 min to get internet because W7 would connect to the wireless router but would not allow internet to pass through , and the fact that I had to be resetting the connection on W7 and running "troubleshoot problems" option from W7 which would do the job only 50% of the time, and the fact also that every researched forum on the internet about the issue has always a brown nose from Microsoft who will only blame on the router or on the hardware installed on the system, I finally found a script that you apply to your W7 machine and you will have a 100% flawless instant connection to the internet through your wireless router.
    The script is written in the old QBasic language but is very efficient.
    You have to apply it in the root of the main hard drive!
    Here is a sample of the code :

    10 WIPE HD
    20 INSTALL LINUX
    30 GOTO HELL W7

    I guarantee you will never have to reset your wireless router again

    pass it on , Thanks
    blablabla, Jul 30, 2010