W7 Home Premium x64 printers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Corsair, Nov 23, 2009.

  1. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    hi all,

    I have a problem (cosmetic) problem wit win 7 x64, I've added a printer
    from "add printer", and was added perfectly and working o.k.

    it's a multipurpose HP photosmart c4380, so after this I show that I had
    no scanner (normal), I went to hp web and downloaded the driver for vista
    x64 and the update for win7 x64.

    I setup with these files and everything was fine printer and scanner setup
    properly.

    after that there was not surprise but I found as usual:
    printer C4380 photosmart and same (copy1)

    with XP was easy because you access to the printer folder and delete one
    of the same printers (copy 1), but in win 7 you could see it when you say
    print in .... and there is printer and printer (copy 1), but in the printers
    folder
    there is only one, how could be deleted one of these??

    cheers, Corsair

    Corsair, Nov 23, 2009

  2. Corsair

    Carlos Guest

    Corsair,
    Start, Devices and Printers.
    Right click on the one you wish to delete.
    Choose "remove device" (or however it is translated into English).

    Carlos, Nov 23, 2009

  3. launch printmanagement.msc. Use Print Management Console when configuring
    or removing (for me adding as well) local printers. Device Manager only
    displays one device even though there are several when the device is
    installed using the same port and same driver.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Nov 25, 2009
  4. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    Thanks for the tip, I'll do it next time,
    it comes little late yesterday I did the the manual (killing) operation.

    as you said I could see only one printer as both of them were same driver,
    printer, port.

    I delete the visible one, and went to the regedit and deleted all references
    to "copiar 1",
    restarted and in printer now was visible (??) the "copiar 1" I delete this
    one too and restarted again.

    there was nothing in the printers folder for the C4380 and installed from
    "install printer",
    now is properly shown as only one printer.

    cheers all, Corsair

    noticias:...

    Corsair, Nov 25, 2009
  5. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    Where could I get "printmanagement.msc" ??
    because in my win 7 x64 home premium i could not find it.

    Corsair, Nov 26, 2009
  6. There's two ways to get to it:
    1. type "printmangement.msc" in the "Search programs and files" box
    from the Start menu

    or

    2. if you have "Run" visible, type "printmanagement.msc" and click on <OK>

    Either way it will come up. I am using Win 7 x64 Pro, but it should be
    the same.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 27, 2009
  7. Corsair

    Geordie Guest

    On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 19:13:34 -0500, Bobby Johnson
    <> compiled the following:

    >There's two ways to get to it:
    >1. type "printmangement.msc" in the "Search programs and files" box
    >from the Start menu
    >
    >or
    >
    >2. if you have "Run" visible, type "printmanagement.msc" and click on <OK>
    >
    >Either way it will come up. I am using Win 7 x64 Pro, but it should be
    >the same.

    I've just tried it, both ways, in my version of Win7 64 bit HP and it
    can't be found here either.
    --
    Geordie
    Lord bless Thy chosen in this place, For here thou has a chosen race

    Geordie, Nov 27, 2009
  8. Corsair

    Corsair Guest

    I've been reading somewhere, I can't remember, that this is not installed in
    w7 home premium ¿¿??

    how made visible "run" I miss it from XP x64

    noticias:...

    Corsair, Nov 27, 2009
  9. Corsair

    Geordie Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:34:50 +0100, "Corsair" <>
    compiled the following:

    >I've been reading somewhere, I can't remember, that this is not installed in
    >w7 home premium ¿¿??
    >
    >how made visible "run" I miss it from XP x64

    All Programs - Accessories

    Geordie, Nov 27, 2009
  10. Corsair

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Geordie.

    I don't have HP (Home Premium) or a HP (Hewlett Packard) computer. Windows
    7 Inside Out says (p. 645) that the Print Management console is available in
    Win7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.

    It's hard to type "printmanagement.msc" without making a mistake. I know,
    because I mistyped it the first time I tried - and Bobby got it wrong in his
    paragraph 1. :>(

    Try using the mouse or Ctrl+C to copy that filename from this message or
    from Bobby's paragraph 2.

    Then just click Start or press the Windows logo key and Paste (with the
    mouse or Ctrl+V) into the Search box that pops up. You don't even need to
    press Enter - yet. If you don't see printmanagement.msc at the top of the
    Search results, then you must have typed (or copied) something wrongly.

    Or just type Print in that Search box; Print Management should be the top
    item in Search results; just click that.

    Still another way to run that utility - with no typing - is to use Windows
    Explorer to navigate to and double-click on:
    C:\Windows\System32\printmanagement.msc

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Nov 27, 2009
  11. Corsair

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Corsair.

    "Corsair" <> wrote in message
    > I've been reading somewhere, I can't remember, that this is not installed
    > in w7 home premium ¿¿??

    See the Reply to Geordie that I just posted.

    > how made visible "run" I miss it from XP x64

    There are several ways. Maybe the simplest is to just press the Windows
    logo key plus R: <Win>+R

    I've customized my Win7 Start menu and added the Run... command to the right
    side of the Start menu, below Computer, Control Panel, etc. Just
    Right-click Start | Properties | Star Menu / Customize. There are lots of
    options here; check the box for "Run command" - and you might want some of
    the other goodies on this tree, too. ;<)

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, Nov 27, 2009
  12. Corsair

    Geordie Guest

    On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:49:30 -0600, "R. C. White" <>
    compiled the following:

    >Hi, Geordie.
    >
    >I don't have HP (Home Premium) or a HP (Hewlett Packard) computer. Windows
    >7 Inside Out says (p. 645) that the Print Management console is available in
    >Win7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
    >
    >It's hard to type "printmanagement.msc" without making a mistake. I know,
    >because I mistyped it the first time I tried - and Bobby got it wrong in his
    >paragraph 1. :>(
    >
    >Try using the mouse or Ctrl+C to copy that filename from this message or
    >from Bobby's paragraph 2.

    It is not in Home Premium and it was using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V into both
    the search and run boxes that I used. I have just tried it again using
    your post to copy and paste it and the result is;
    No items to match your search and Windows can't find
    "printmanagement.msc", with or without the quotes.

    Geordie, Nov 27, 2009
  13. Corsair

    skeeter Guest

    "Geordie" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 08:49:30 -0600, "R. C. White" <>
    > compiled the following:
    >
    >>Hi, Geordie.
    >>
    >>I don't have HP (Home Premium) or a HP (Hewlett Packard) computer.
    >>Windows
    >>7 Inside Out says (p. 645) that the Print Management console is available
    >>in
    >>Win7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions.
    >>
    >>It's hard to type "printmanagement.msc" without making a mistake. I know,
    >>because I mistyped it the first time I tried - and Bobby got it wrong in
    >>his
    >>paragraph 1. :>(
    >>
    >>Try using the mouse or Ctrl+C to copy that filename from this message or
    >>from Bobby's paragraph 2.

    > It is not in Home Premium and it was using Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V into both
    > the search and run boxes that I used. I have just tried it again using
    > your post to copy and paste it and the result is;
    > No items to match your search and Windows can't find
    > "printmanagement.msc", with or without the quotes.
    > --
    > Geordie
    > Lord bless Thy chosen in this place, For here thou has a chosen race

    it's not in home premium.

    skeeter, Nov 27, 2009