    registry, so I assume there is a procedure to get it back...hopefully.

    I want to set up Meinberg NTP, but don't want two programs doing the
    same task.
    miso, Jan 10, 2012

  2. miso

    Steve Foster Guest

    miso wrote:

    > Lots of hints out there to install w32time. The only help I find to
    > uninstall are related to vmware. To install w32time, I had to hack
    > the registry, so I assume there is a procedure to get it
    > back...hopefully.
    >
    > I want to set up Meinberg NTP, but don't want two programs doing the
    > same task.

    The Windows Time Service (to give w32time its full title) is a core
    part of Windows, and is neither installable nor uninstallable.

    If you don't want to use it, just use the Services MMC to disable it
    (or SC.exe from the command line).

    --
    Steve Foster
    For SSL Certificates, Domains, etc, visit.:
    Steve Foster, Jan 10, 2012

  3. miso

    miso Guest

    On 1/10/2012 3:14 AM, Steve Foster wrote:
    > miso wrote:
    >
    >> Lots of hints out there to install w32time. The only help I find to
    >> uninstall are related to vmware. To install w32time, I had to hack
    >> the registry, so I assume there is a procedure to get it
    >> back...hopefully.
    >>
    >> I want to set up Meinberg NTP, but don't want two programs doing the
    >> same task.

    > The Windows Time Service (to give w32time its full title) is a core
    > part of Windows, and is neither installable nor uninstallable.
    >
    > If you don't want to use it, just use the Services MMC to disable it
    > (or SC.exe from the command line).

    Gotcha. I found it under administrative tools, though services wasn't
    listed in the control panel.

    sc.exe seem to bring up an on screen keyboard.
    miso, Jan 11, 2012
  4. miso

    Steve Foster Guest

    miso wrote:

    > On 1/10/2012 3:14 AM, Steve Foster wrote:
    > > miso wrote:
    > >
    > > > Lots of hints out there to install w32time. The only help I find
    > > > to uninstall are related to vmware. To install w32time, I had to
    > > > hack the registry, so I assume there is a procedure to get it
    > > > back...hopefully.
    > > >
    > > > I want to set up Meinberg NTP, but don't want two programs doing
    > > > the same task.

    > > The Windows Time Service (to give w32time its full title) is a core
    > > part of Windows, and is neither installable nor uninstallable.
    > >
    > > If you don't want to use it, just use the Services MMC to disable it
    > > (or SC.exe from the command line).
    > >

    > Gotcha. I found it under administrative tools, though services wasn't
    > listed in the control panel.

    The Services MMC is an Administrative Tool, not part of Control Panel.

    > sc.exe seem to bring up an on screen keyboard.

    SC.exe is for use in a CMD window. If you searched for SC in the Start
    Menu, I'm not sure what would have come up (the on-screen keyboard is
    OSK.exe).

    Steve Foster, Jan 11, 2012