    a step by step way to eradicate my emsil system of the virus.
    Thanks very much.
    Chris
    Christopher Collins, Oct 18, 2003

  2. Christopher Collins

    Stevo Guest

    Christopher Collins wrote:
    > Since last Saturday my sysem has become corrupted with a virus called
    > W32/Swen@MM and it has sent hundreds of emails out to people i've
    > never heard of presumably from my internet records. All recipients
    > Mailer Demons have responded in their hundreds advising of the virus,
    > with result that i am abndoning email name. However btinternet.com
    > does not respond to my pleas for help to eradicate the virus. Can
    > anyone suggest a route for me, or a step by step way to eradicate my
    > emsil system of the virus.
    > Thanks very much.
    > Chris

    Do you not have an anti virus program with up to date definitions running?
    If not you should have, there are plenty of free ones around - AVG,
    Kaspersky and Avast to mention a few.. not to mention the online virus
    scanners.. you really do have to practise safe hex you know..

    There are also removal utilities around like that available at :

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Christopher Collins wrote:

    > Since last Saturday my sysem has become corrupted with a virus called
    > W32/Swen@MM and it has sent hundreds of emails out to people i've never
    > heard of presumably from my internet records. All recipients Mailer Demons
    > have responded in their hundreds advising of the virus, with result that i
    > am abndoning email name. However btinternet.com does not respond to my
    > pleas for help to eradicate the virus. Can anyone suggest a route for me, or
    > a step by step way to eradicate my emsil system of the virus.
    > Thanks very much.
    > Chris

    Go to the Symantec.com website.

    http://www.symantec.com/

    Click "Search" at the top of the page. Search for Swen.

    Read the removal instructions. Download/run the removal tool.
    SirOsisOfThuliver, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Christopher Collins

    Rob Guest

    http://www.techhowto.org/howto/sweninfo.html

    --
    Rob B

    Rob, Oct 18, 2003
  5. Christopher Collins

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Christopher Collins
    continued:

    > Since last Saturday my sysem has become corrupted with a virus called
    > W32/Swen@MM and it has sent hundreds of emails out to people i've
    > never heard of presumably from my internet records. All recipients
    > Mailer Demons have responded in their hundreds advising of the virus,
    > with result that i am abndoning email name. However btinternet.com
    > does not respond to my pleas for help to eradicate the virus. Can
    > anyone suggest a route for me, or a step by step way to eradicate my
    > emsil system of the virus.
    > Thanks very much.
    > Chris

    Do you realise that you are the very reason viruses like this spread
    across the World ? Blindly open an attachment, don't run anti-virus
    software etc etc.

    BTW you just keep on getting connected to the net, very responsible
    after a fuckin WEEK of being infected.

    Jesus, they should issue licences based on competency before letting
    idiots take computers home.
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Oct 18, 2003
  6. Christopher Collins

    Mike0000 Guest

    Mike0000, Oct 18, 2003
  7. Christopher Collins

    °Mike° Guest

    You can use Magic Mail Monitor to delete anything
    you don't want straight from the server. You can
    set filters/friends lists etc.
    http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    --------------------------
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **]

    ** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    Vet (Computer Associates)
    http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

    NOD32
    http://www.nod32.com/home/home.htm

    Norman Virus Control
    http://www.norman.com/products_nvc.shtml

    F-Prot
    http://www.f-prot.com/download/

    AVG
    http://www.grisoft.com/

    On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 23:37:58 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bmpugl$cv2$>
    Christopher Collins scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Oct 18, 2003
  8. Christopher Collins

    taki89 Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Christopher Collins
    > continued:
    >
    > > Since last Saturday my sysem has become corrupted with a virus called
    > > W32/Swen@MM and it has sent hundreds of emails out to people i've
    > > never heard of presumably from my internet records. All recipients
    > > Mailer Demons have responded in their hundreds advising of the virus,
    > > with result that i am abndoning email name. However btinternet.com
    > > does not respond to my pleas for help to eradicate the virus. Can
    > > anyone suggest a route for me, or a step by step way to eradicate my
    > > emsil system of the virus.
    > > Thanks very much.
    > > Chris

    > Do you realise that you are the very reason viruses like this spread
    > across the World ? Blindly open an attachment, don't run anti-virus
    > software etc etc.
    >
    > BTW you just keep on getting connected to the net, very responsible
    > after a fuckin WEEK of being infected.
    >
    > Jesus, they should issue licences based on competency before letting
    > idiots take computers home.
    > --
    > slumpy
    > no more
    > no less
    > just slumpy

    Hey Slumpy you asshole...who made you the protector of the internet? Wonder
    how many viruses you spread before you realized what the **** you were
    doing? What an arrogant prick!
    taki89, Oct 18, 2003
  9. Christopher Collins

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as taki89 continued:

    >> Do you realise that you are the very reason viruses like this spread
    >> across the World ? Blindly open an attachment, don't run anti-virus
    >> software etc etc.
    >>
    >> BTW you just keep on getting connected to the net, very responsible
    >> after a fuckin WEEK of being infected.
    >>
    >> Jesus, they should issue licences based on competency before letting
    >> idiots take computers home.
    >>

    > Hey Slumpy you asshole...who made you the protector of the internet?
    > Wonder how many viruses you spread before you realized what the ****
    > you were doing? What an arrogant prick!

    I never claimed to be anything.
    You do not run AV software or a firewall, you open attachments that you
    don't expect, and stay online for a week after being infected thereby
    allowing the virus constant opportunities to spread itself.

    And in answer to your question, why do you assume that everyone else is
    as dumb as you ?
    --
    slumpy
    no more