    Is there something I can do to stop them?

    Thanks,

    Earl Brant

    Earl Brant, Sep 29, 2003

  2. Earl Brant wrote:

    > I am getting 50 - 70 of these (W32.Swen.A@mm) counterfeit Microsoft
    > messages per day.

    > They will fill my mailbox in one day. Often almost full before I ever get a
    > chance to delete them.

    > Is there something I can do to stop them?

    Start by looking through the hundreds or thousands of posts on the topic
    that already exist in this group. Or other groups.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 297263
    NEW 9/25/03:

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Earl Brant

    RickMerrill Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Earl Brant wrote:
    >

    >> I am getting 50 - 70 of these (W32.Swen.A@mm) counterfeit Microsoft
    >>messages per day.

    >>They will fill my mailbox in one day. Often almost full before I ever get a
    >>chance to delete them.

    >>Is there something I can do to stop them?

    > Start by looking through the hundreds or thousands of posts on the topic
    > that already exist in this group. Or other groups.

    None of which offer any kind of way "to stop them" as
    requested by the OP. They can be blocked and filtered
    but so far Microsoft has failed to find a way to stop them :)

    RickMerrill, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Earl Brant

    jean simkin Guest

    Download a copy of Mailwasher.... www.mailwasher.com

    jean simkin, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Earl Brant

    Rob B Guest

    http://www.techhowto.org/howto/sweninfo.html

    Rob B, Sep 29, 2003
  6. This is the Flibbydabby Dee Service of the BBC, & on Mon, 29 Sep 2003
    12:17:30 +0000, RickMerrill uttered this:

    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Earl Brant wrote:
    >>

    >>> I am getting 50 - 70 of these (W32.Swen.A@mm) counterfeit Microsoft
    >>>messages per day.

    >>>They will fill my mailbox in one day. Often almost full before I ever get a
    >>>chance to delete them.

    >>>Is there something I can do to stop them?

    >> Start by looking through the hundreds or thousands of posts on the topic
    >> that already exist in this group. Or other groups.

    > None of which offer any kind of way "to stop them" as
    > requested by the OP.

    You can't "stop them".

    >They can be blocked and filtered
    > but so far Microsoft has failed to find a way to stop them :)

    They would if they built a better OS.

    --
    "But that's another story"

    William Poaster, Sep 29, 2003