    norton insists that is in my computer (windows xp, intel 4)

    thanks

    Monte

    Montenegro, May 19, 2006

  2. Montenegro

    Leythos Guest

    In article <Jv9bg.7144$>,
    says...
    > is it dangerous?
    >
    > How can I kill it?
    >
    > norton insists that is in my computer (windows xp, intel 4)

    W32.Spybot.Worm is a detection for a family of worms that spreads using
    the Kazaa file-sharing network and mIRC.

    Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
    place to download their application.

    No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
    directly from the vendors.

    Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

    The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    them to properly clean your system.

    First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

    These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
    order that I would use them myself:

    Dave Lipman's tools:
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
    http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

    AdAwareSE can be found here:

    SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, May 19, 2006

  3. Leythos wrote:
    > In article <Jv9bg.7144$>,
    > says...
    >> is it dangerous?
    >>
    >> How can I kill it?
    >>
    >> norton insists that is in my computer (windows xp, intel 4)

    > W32.Spybot.Worm is a detection for a family of worms that spreads
    > using the Kazaa file-sharing network and mIRC.
    >
    > Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
    > of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
    > or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
    > direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the
    > safest place to download their application.
    >
    > No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
    > requires a password to access the unknown files when they are
    > available directly from the vendors.
    >
    > Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.
    >
    > The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
    > ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
    > of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
    > them to properly clean your system.
    >
    > First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
    > http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
    >
    > These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools,
    > in order that I would use them myself:
    >
    > Dave Lipman's tools:
    > http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm
    >
    > Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
    > http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072
    >
    > AdAwareSE can be found here:
    > http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
    >
    > SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:
    > http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

    And to help prevent it happening again, go here and get SpywareBlaster:

    http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, May 19, 2006
  4. Montenegro

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 18 May 2006 21:50:32 -0400, "Montenegro" <> wrote:

    >is it dangerous?

    Yes.

    >How can I kill it?

    Use a decent AV program, like Kapersky.

    >norton insists that is in my computer (windows xp, intel 4)

    Why is it telling you that and not removing it? There's a clue there....

    >thanks

    Uninstall Norton completely. Then install the AV here:

    http://www.kaspersky.com/trials

    update it, and run it.

    --
    www.jlaforums.com, among other sites, steals usenet newsgroup posts, and tries to
    mislead the public into thinking the posts come from them. They do not. If you see this sig,

    Mara, May 19, 2006
  5. Montenegro

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >norton insists that is in my computer (windows xp, intel 4)

    > Why is it telling you that and not removing it? There's a clue there....
    >
    > >thanks

    > Uninstall Norton completely. Then install the AV here:

    In many cases users don't follow directions to reboot or run in safe
    mode. There are clean instructions on the Symantec website, if one is
    willing to search.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, May 19, 2006