    Jeff Plas Guest

    Is there a removal rool available for this virus?

    Jeff

    Jeff Plas, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Jeff Plas

    Avenger© Guest

    Avenger©, Jan 20, 2005

  3. Jeff Plas

    Jeff Plas Guest

    > All will be explained here:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html
    > --

    Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm seems
    to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which sucks up
    pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on that site involves
    using an antivirus program, which I don't have. And since my connection is
    so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an antivirus
    software, assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I was
    hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the
    size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could free up my
    connection to download AVG.

    Jeff

    Jeff Plas, Jan 20, 2005
  4. Jeff Plas

    trout Guest

    Jeff Plas wrote:

    ["Avenger" wrote:]

    >> All will be explained here:
    >>

    >http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm

    ..html

    > Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
    > seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which
    > sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on
    > that site involves using an antivirus program, which I don't have.
    > And since my connection is so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15
    > hours to download an antivirus software, assuming my computer
    > maintains the connection that long. I was hoping to find a removal
    > program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the size so I'd have a
    > better shot at getting it and I could free up my connection to
    > download AVG.
    >
    > Jeff

    MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the update
    site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch, and stick
    it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at least*, mention
    which OS you are using.
    --
    "It's as easy as you make it."

    trout, Jan 20, 2005
  5. Jeff Plas

    Jeff Plas Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Jeff Plas wrote:
    >
    > ["Avenger" wrote:]
    >
    > >> All will be explained here:
    > >>

    > >http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm

    > .html
    >
    > > Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
    > > seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which
    > > sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on
    > > that site involves using an antivirus program, which I don't have.
    > > And since my connection is so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15
    > > hours to download an antivirus software, assuming my computer
    > > maintains the connection that long. I was hoping to find a removal
    > > program since it'd likely be less than 1/10 the size so I'd have a
    > > better shot at getting it and I could free up my connection to
    > > download AVG.
    > >
    > > Jeff

    > MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the update
    > site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch, and stick
    > it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at least*, mention
    > which OS you are using.
    > --

    My mistake. Win2000 is the OS.

    Jeff

    Jeff Plas, Jan 20, 2005
  6. Jeff Plas

    trout Guest

    Jeff Plas wrote:

    > "trout" <> wrote in message
    >> Jeff Plas wrote:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm
    >>> .html

    >>> Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm
    >>> seems to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer,
    >>> which sucks up pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the
    >>> instructions on that site involves using an antivirus program,
    >>> which I don't have. And since my connection is so bogged down,
    >>> It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an antivirus software,
    >>> assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I was
    >>> hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than
    >>> 1/10 the size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could
    >>> free up my connection to download AVG.
    >>>
    >>> Jeff

    >> MS had this patched a while back. If you can, just go to the
    >> update site, and get it. Or use a buddy's machine to get the patch,
    >> and stick it on a floppy. If you need a walk-through, please, *at
    >> least*, mention which OS you are using.
    >> --

    > My mistake. Win2000 is the OS.
    >
    > Jeff

    Do you have this service pack?
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M1E132808
    --
    "I'd suggest starting there."

    trout, Jan 20, 2005
  7. Jeff Plas

    Carol2 Guest

    "Jeff Plas" <> wrote in message

    > > All will be explained here:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html
    > > --

    > Yeah, I'd seen that. The problem is that I'm on dial up and the worm

    seems
    > to be running a DOS attack of some kind from my computer, which sucks

    up
    > pretty much all my bandwith. Part of the instructions on that site

    involves
    > using an antivirus program, which I don't have. And since my

    connection is
    > so bogged down, It'll probably take 10-15 hours to download an

    antivirus
    > software, assuming my computer maintains the connection that long. I

    was
    > hoping to find a removal program since it'd likely be less than 1/10

    the
    > size so I'd have a better shot at getting it and I could free up my
    > connection to download AVG.
    >
    > Jeff

    Hi Jeff....... FWIW......when I downloaded the new free AVG7, it allowed
    me to save it to disk. I got the installer .exe saved to the desktop &
    installed from there. Perhaps you can download it to a friend's machine
    & burn the 10.2 MB file to CD to transfer to your own machine. Of
    course, you will still have to stay on line long enough to download the
    updates........think there were 3 of them, initially.

    HTH,
    Carol2

    Carol2, Jan 21, 2005