    --
    crazymiclo
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Crazymiclo30, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Crazymiclo30

    Crazymiclo30 Guest

    I am going to have to update my numbers to over 500 now. I have never been
    hit this hard by a virus before. Oh well.

    --
    crazymiclo
    A+, Network+, MCP

    Crazymiclo30, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Crazymiclo30

    Fuse News Guest

    As well as some of these viruses run, why don't these guys get a job at
    Micro$oft. Then maybe my Win9x machines won't lockup 5 times a day or will
    be able to shut down. Or my browser won't crash everytime I run a web-based
    software package that wasn't published by Micro$oft.

    Fuse News, Aug 21, 2003
  4. "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message

    > "Fuse News" <> wrote in message
    > > As well as some of these viruses run, why don't these guys get a job at
    > > Micro$oft.

    > Most of them don't run that well. In fact Blaster was pretty crappy code
    > that barely functioned at all. Much like Windows ME.

    So you're saying you agree? That these virus writers could and should be
    getting paid for writing crappy code?

    --
    Fris "Skills: Crappy Virus Writer" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Frisbee® MCNGP, Aug 21, 2003
  5. "ImhoTech" <> wrote in message

    > Could? certainly, Windows ME is a perfect example of crappy code netting
    > millions legally. However the implication that they should be hired to fix
    > MS products because of the 'quality' of the code was ludicrous, there's

    very
    > little evidence of quality. If fact if MS were fixed, 99% of "l33t VX'ers"
    > would just go back to collecting porn and mp3's.
    >
    > (and if Blaster had been done right, much of the Internet could have been
    > effectively shut down, they had the chance, fucked it up)

    I read in this week's Software Development Times magazine that if it weren't
    for bugs, something like 80% of developers would be out of work, since we
    spend only 20% of our time designing and coding, and the other 80% testing
    and debugging. Good thing we're not perfect, or a lot of people would be
    out of jobs. Tech support, too.

    I perform a valuable service by writing buggy code.

    --
    Fris "You're welcome" bee® MCNGP #13

    Frisbee® MCNGP, Aug 21, 2003
  6. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:37:29 -0400, "Fuse News"
    <> wrote:

    >As well as some of these viruses run, why don't these guys get a job at
    >Micro$oft. Then maybe my Win9x machines won't lockup 5 times a day or will
    >be able to shut down. Or my browser won't crash everytime I run a web-based
    >software package that wasn't published by Micro$oft.

    They get their buzz from destructive activity...they are sociopaths.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 21, 2003
  7. On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:18:45 -0400, "Crazymiclo30" <>
    wrote:

    >Is anyone else getting bombarded with this virus. My virus softward is
    >getting a workout today. I have been lucky enough to have blocked it all
    >day so far. This thing is nasty. I think my network has gotten over 150
    >e-mails with this virus today.

    Found this on the Gibson Research website...

    "There's a New "Good" Worm Crawling the Net
    Although no worm designed to infiltrate and make uninvited
    modifications to a user's computer can seriously be called "good",
    researchers have discovered a new Internet worm which attempts to
    remove the previous worms and patches the vulnerable system by
    downloading and installing Microsoft's DCOM/RPC updates.

    As a side effect of its scanning for vulnerable machines, this new
    worm generates a great deal of ICMP traffic, which firewall log
    watchers are seeing and have been reporting."

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 21, 2003
  8. On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:58:49 -0400, "ImhoTech" <>
    wrote:

    >"Fuse News" <> wrote in message
    >> As well as some of these viruses run, why don't these guys get a job at
    >> Micro$oft.

    >Most of them don't run that well. In fact Blaster was pretty crappy code
    >that barely functioned at all. Much like Windows ME.

    Also from Gibson Research...

    "The Master Hackers are REALLY good. I've been very impressed by what
    I've seen them achieve. They are arguably more talented and focussed
    than most of the people writing the software that's being attacked.
    They don't have "management" telling them to ship this stuff before
    it's ready and still littered with known bugs and security holes, and
    they love nothing more than a challenge. Therefore, the only workable
    strategy is for you to keep a low profile and give them as little as
    possible to chew on."

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Aug 21, 2003