w32 netsky virus

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ingeborg, Aug 21, 2004.

  1. Ingeborg

    Ingeborg Guest

    "maximus" <> wrote in
    news:GnIVc.390$:

    > every day i receive a number of e-mails with
    > attachments containing the following threats.
    > W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc
    > I have ran norton anti virus several times but cant
    > find the worm on my system can i asume the threat is
    > external is could there be something within my
    > system e-mailing myself

    The source is external. Somebody who has your emailadress in its mailbox is
    infected, and sends you several mails a day.

    Sending an email to yourself is possible, but useless from the virus' point
    of view. The computer is already infected, so why trying to reinfect and
    alarming the owner?
    Ingeborg, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Ingeborg

    maximus Guest

    maximus, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Ingeborg

    DC Guest

    maximus wrote:

    > ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C48785.61EF9D70

    > every day i receive a number of e-mails with =
    > attachments containing the following threats.
    > W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc
    > I have ran norton anti virus several times but cant =
    > find the worm on my system can i asume the threat is external is could =
    > there be something within my system e-mailing myself=20

    This is the penalty imposed on those who post to USENET in HTML.

    http://www.efn.no/html-bad.html
    http://www.harley.com/turn-off-html/
    http://www.usenet.org.uk/ukpost.html#s2

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    DC, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Ingeborg

    The Prophecy Guest

    maximus wrote:
    > every day i receive a number of e-mails with
    > attachments containing the following threats.
    > W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc
    > I have ran norton anti virus several times but cant
    > find the worm on my system can i asume the threat is external is
    > could there be something within my system e-mailing myself

    One of your friends must have the virus. Netsky.P scans the infected
    computer for e-mail addresses in a number a places and then sends itself to
    every e-mail found. This is how the worm speads. You are probably not
    infected unless your AV program was disabled when you opened one of them.

    Also, this is a text only newsgroup. Next time you post here, post in plain
    text.
    The Prophecy, Aug 21, 2004
  5. Ingeborg

    Eli Aran Guest

    try downloading the latest version of AVAST virus and trojan and worm
    detector and cleaner which is free and can be found at
    (click on the blue arrow at the bottom of the page)

    Eli Aran, Aug 21, 2004