W32.Netsky.P@mm

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SwissTony, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. SwissTony

    SwissTony Guest

    "mark" <> wrote in message
    > hi can anyone help me i keep getting W32.Netsky.P@mm when i get my emails
    > ,i totaly scan my pc with all types of anti virus software ,and addware
    > says it is clean.reboot my pc then i start recieving them again.
    > which is a pain in the arse.there must be somthing in my sart up can any
    > one possibley help ,
    > cheers mark

    Not a lot you can do. I guess you are running a antivirus as u know the name
    of the virus.
    Your virus checker is preventing the virus from being run so your system
    should be safe.
    Does your virus checker change the the email to say e.g. **VIRUS**
    If it does, you could create a separate folder in your mail program (If
    possible)
    Then create a rule so that all emails with **VIRUS** go to that folder.
    Then u can periodically empty the folder

    SwissTony

    SwissTony, Jul 10, 2004

  2. SwissTony wrote:
    > "mark" <> wrote in message
    >> hi can anyone help me i keep getting W32.Netsky.P@mm when i get my
    >> emails ,i totaly scan my pc with all types of anti virus software
    >> ,and addware says it is clean.reboot my pc then i start recieving
    >> them again.
    >> which is a pain in the arse.there must be somthing in my sart up can
    >> any one possibley help ,
    >> cheers mark

    > Not a lot you can do.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! You totally fucking pillocked, homosexual, jawless haitian.

    mark, Jul 10, 2004
  4. SwissTony

    terry_b17 Guest

    terry_b17, Jul 10, 2004
  5. SwissTony

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 08:16:22 GMT, mark wrote:

    >hi can anyone help me i keep getting W32.Netsky.P@mm when i get my
    >emails ,i totaly scan my pc with all types of anti virus software ,and

    Perhaps if you mentioned a few specific produts it's possible to
    recommend others?

    See the removal tool
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    >addware says it is clean.reboot my pc then i start recieving them again.

    IIRC adaware doesn't deal with Netsky.

    >which is a pain in the arse.there must be somthing in my sart up can any
    >one possibley help ,
    >cheers mark

    You don't quite make it clear if your PC is reinfected all the time or
    it's simply in your incoming email.

    If it's in the email there is not a lot you can do to stop getting it.
    You could look for an email filtering program, IIRC mail washer has been
    mentioned a few times in the past on 24HSHD.

    Cheek old posts,
    http://groups.google.com/groups?group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    You could always try using a munged / or change your / email address.
    Posting in a public newsgroup with the addy you used is just a please
    send me spam invite.

    Me

    Ripped from a 'Mike' post
    Lastly, download, update and use *all* of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/