    system of it but I cannot find the files they recommend to delete. My system
    is Windows XP. Please help it is driving me mad!!!

    Mike
    Mike, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Mike wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I do not know if I am on the right site but my computer seems to be infected
    > with W32.MytobFI@mm and keeps sending itself virus's.

    So, what's your problem with the standard procedure?

    > I have Norton and it stops any virus attack

    Of course, sometimes damage done to the system can have positive
    side-effects.

    > but I have followed their instruction to rid my
    > system of it but I cannot find the files they recommend to delete.

    So what exactly is the problem? If there are no binaries in your
    backed-up data, then there are no binaries to remove.

    > My system is Windows XP. Please help it is driving me mad!!!

    You could at least clearify what your problem is. According to your
    posting, I understand it that way:

    You had a test/gaming/non-productive system running Norton System
    Damager for whatever reason. The system got infected, you backed up all
    data, flattened and rebuild. Now you're trying to clean and verify the
    integrity of the backed-up data. So what types of files that you've been
    recommended to delete and are expected to be there are not actually there?
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Jul 6, 2006

  3. From: "Mike" <>

    | Hello
    |
    | I do not know if I am on the right site but my computer seems to be infected
    | with W32.MytobFI@mm and keeps sending itself virus's. I have Norton and it
    | stops any virus attack but I have followed their instruction to rid my
    | system of it but I cannot find the files they recommend to delete. My system
    | is Windows XP. Please help it is driving me mad!!!
    |
    | Mike

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
    This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
    The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

    file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

    Additional Instructions:
    http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

    Dave