w32.mydoom

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob B, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. Bob B

    Bob B Guest

    Bob B, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Bob B

    Harrison Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:01:54 -0000, "Bob B" <>
    wrote:

    >If anybody gets the new virus/worm they may find this useful Bob
    >
    >http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    The problem is that there are millions who have and don't have a clue
    that it's there. As with most viruses and trojans, if the damned thing
    is well written, and it doesn't cripple the machine so the user can't
    see Janet Jackson's tit, the user is oblivious to the fact that it's
    even there.

    /end of today's rant
    Harrison, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Bob B

    DaveW Guest

    <Harrison> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 22:01:54 -0000, "Bob B" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >If anybody gets the new virus/worm they may find this useful Bob
    > >

    >http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.

    > The problem is that there are millions who have and don't have a

    clue
    > that it's there. As with most viruses and trojans, if the damned

    thing
    > is well written, and it doesn't cripple the machine so the user

    can't
    > see Janet Jackson's tit, the user is oblivious to the fact that

    it's
    > even there.

    Of all the half time shows, I had to ignore that one....... :(
    DaveW, Feb 4, 2004
  4. A bit late!
    ;o(

    Champagne Charlie, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Bob B

    Gil Guest

    "Champagne Charlie" <Software@(SkipTheBrackets)Totalise.co.uk> wrote in
    message news:aegUb.2913$%...

    Gil, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    -----> alt.test --------->

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  7. Bob B

    Gil Guest

    Gil, Feb 5, 2004
  8. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    Gil, <> wrote:

    [snip]

    >> Or would you rather that i top post?

    It would be nice if you would not post after a ">".

    Thanks
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  9. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer wrote:
    > "Gil" <> wrote in
    >

    > -----> alt.test --------->

    TEST
    TEST
    TEST
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  10. Bob B

    Gil Guest

    Gil, Feb 5, 2004
  11. Bob B

    Gil Guest

    Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    Gil, Feb 5, 2004
  12. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  13. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    **** off, you fat trollop.
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  14. Bob B

    DC Guest

    Gil wrote in <Q6mUb.182882$nt4.782947@attbi_s51>:
    > Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    YHBT.

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 5, 2004
  15. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  16. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    "Gil" <> wrote in message
    > Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    Door ... arse... slam... yada yada yada

    Oh, and it would be nice if you would out an apostrophe in the word don't.

    Thanks

    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  17. It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:18:08 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Gil wrote:

    > Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    You've been replying to a TROLL. That is not the real Boomer.

    <SNIPPED>

    --
    Linux User #: 305646. http://counter.li.org/
    Using linux at home, since 1998
    William Poaster, Feb 5, 2004
  18. Bob B

    Boomer Guest

    William Poaster wrote:
    > It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:18:08 +0000, just as I was halfway
    > through a large jam doughnut, that Gil wrote:
    >
    >> Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    > You've been replying to a TROLL. That is not the real Boomer.

    Stop that, you ghastly troll.
    Boomer, Feb 5, 2004
  19. Bob B

    Gil Guest

    "William Poaster" <> wrote in message
    > It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:18:08 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    > large jam doughnut, that Gil wrote:
    >
    > > Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    > You've been replying to a TROLL. That is not the real Boomer.

    Thanks.
    Thats what i figured after i checked the addresses and found 3
    addresses for Boomer and found that there were slight changes to
    two of them.
    I assure you that i have no desire to troll or hack for information
    I got my first computer just before i retired and have enough trouble
    keeping it running without messing with someone else.
    Thanks again...Gil
    Gil, Feb 5, 2004
  20. It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:43:57 +0000, just as I was halfway through a
    large jam doughnut, that Gil wrote:

    > "William Poaster" <> wrote in message
    >> It was on Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:18:08 +0000, just as I was halfway through
    >> a large jam doughnut, that Gil wrote:
    >>
    >> > Just aint worth it. Enough said.

    >> You've been replying to a TROLL. That is not the real Boomer.

    > Thanks.

    YW. :)

    > Thats what i figured after i checked the addresses and found 3
    > addresses for Boomer and found that there were slight changes to two of
    > them.

    These are from the real Boomer -
    Date: 05 Feb 2004 04:14:35 GMT
    From: Boomer <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: w32.mydoom

    The troll impersonating her, will be posting from either:

    > I assure you that i have no desire to troll or hack for information I
    > got my first computer just before i retired and have enough trouble
    > keeping it running without messing with someone else. Thanks again...Gil

    Ok. :)

    William Poaster, Feb 5, 2004