    found some removal tools for "Bropia" but not
    bropia.m
    No spy ware picked it up, I became suspicious with some multiple windows.
    Annette Kurten, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Annette Kurten

    V.Simkins Guest

    "Annette Kurten" <> wrote in message
    news:cvg37q$fr8$...
    > A quick google says picked up (daughter) from msn.
    > How do I get rid of it please.?
    > found some removal tools for "Bropia" but not
    > bropia.m
    > No spy ware picked it up, I became suspicious with some multiple windows.

    first, disable system restore (win ME/2000/ win xp). after that, a full
    system virus scan should do the trick, i would think.

    instructions for disabling system restore:

    Win ME:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    Win XP:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    reference:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.bropia.m.html

    anyone else?
    V.Simkins, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Annette Kurten

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:04:10 +0000 (UTC), "Annette Kurten"
    <> wrote:

    >A quick google says picked up (daughter) from msn.
    >How do I get rid of it please.?
    >found some removal tools for "Bropia" but not
    >bropia.m
    >No spy ware picked it up, I became suspicious with some multiple windows.

    http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32bropiam.html

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Feb 22, 2005