W2K8 Advanced Backup

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Susmita, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. Susmita

    Susmita Guest

    We are using Windows Server 2008 Advanced Backup product to do file and
    volume based Backups and restore. Got these following questions on this:

    - Backup Schedule option from the Windows Server Backup wizard tool
    doesn't give the allow to select external storage destination path to do the
    backups --- option is grayed out --- why? Is this a bug or expected?

    - Cannot delete backups using wizard or via WBadmin cli --- tried all the
    options,
    it still failed to delete backups.

    - File level restore is failing with warning messages saying cannot restore
    any
    file or some of the files. Restore operation at dir/folder level works.

    - Files spreaded across different dir/folders cannot be individually
    selected for
    restoration, only files under one dir/folder level can be chosen for
    restore
    operation.

    - What are the OS tuning possible to get better performance for backups and
    restore operations using Advanced Backups?

    Thanks.
    Susmita

    Susmita, Jul 21, 2008

  2. Susmita

    PAJ Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 14:18:01 -0700, Susmita
    <> wrote:

    >We are using Windows Server 2008 Advanced Backup product to do file and
    >volume based Backups and restore. Got these following questions on this:

    Thanks for those MCDST level questions.
    The answer is to reinstall Outlook Express!

    PAJ, Jul 21, 2008

  3. Susmita

    Susmita Guest

    Thanks PAJ but my question is related to w2k8 Advanced Server Backup.

    Here's one of the questions.

    1) I am using the Advanced Server Backup wizard to try to schedule a backup
    to a remote disk. The steps are pretty simple, supply the parameters
    requested and click on next. However, at the step where we are supposed to
    provide the backup destination, the wizard does not allow the user to select
    external storage destination path to backup to. The option is grayed out.
    I am running with Windows Web Server 2008. Is anyone else seeing the same
    issue? Do we have to install Enterprise Server 2008 to get this to work
    correctly?

    thank you for any assistance or information that you can provide.
    -susmita

    Susmita, Jul 21, 2008
  4. Susmita

    PAJ Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:28:01 -0700, Susmita
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks PAJ but my question is related to w2k8 Advanced Server Backup.

    Sorry my mistake. Try to clear Internet Explorer cache.

    PAJ, Jul 22, 2008