    troubleshooting this problem), I get a "not enough disk space" error trying to
    complete an MS backup. The analysis says it will need 1.1 GB. The drive has
    11.1 GB space available. But still I get the not enough space error.

    John W. Stetson, Feb 11, 2004

  2. John W. Stetson

    Brian H¹© Guest

    John W. Stetson said:

    > I have a couple of problems I need help with. After 3 hard drive failures in
    > a year I decided to upgrade my motherboard/CPU (Biostar M7MKA/AMD Athlon
    > K700/Award > ECS L4VXA2/Intel Celeron 2.5 GHz/Award) and replace my power
    > supply while replacing the drive.
    >
    > After doing so, I can't shut down, hibernate, standby, or restart. Initiating
    > any of those things from either the keyboard or taskbar results in a blue
    > screen/GPF condition.
    >
    > The BIOS is current as of 11/03. I'm running W2K 5.00.2195, service pack 4.
    > I have 512MB RAM installed.
    >
    > I've disconnected the power to the boot drive and when I do, the power and
    > reset buttons on the front panel operate normally. But when I come up in
    > windows, the GPF problems occur.
    >
    > All else functions normally. Except that when I tried to back up the new
    > drive to an older physical drive running in both configurations (in
    > anticipation of troubleshooting this problem), I get a "not enough disk
    > space" error trying to complete an MS backup. The analysis says it will need
    > 1.1 GB. The drive has
    > 11.1 GB space available. But still I get the not enough space error.

    Consult the manual and wire the motherboard *properly*

    Brian H¹©, Feb 11, 2004

  3. The manual is one of those translated from Mandarin thru Swahili Sherlock, and
    it has errors. But, for those in need of a rectumectomy, disconnecting the
    power from the HD and having the switches work properly absolves the hardware.
    Only after Windows loads does it exhibit this problem.

    Anyone with two synapses to rub together have ideas?

    In article <wnuWb.3611$>,
    -vine.co.uk.invalid says...

    John W. Stetson, Feb 12, 2004