W2K Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by nunya, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I recieved all these error while trying to start W2K. I was moving
    around hard drives and then this happened on a restart.

    Can anyone help?

    **STOP PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

    "HS device driver
    beginning dump of physical memory phisical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system admin or tech support"

    "a thread tried to release a resource it did not own"

    "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"

    now I get the blue screen everytime I get to the w2k start screen.

    Please help !

    nunya, Jul 8, 2003

  2. nunya

    ooyah Guest

    "nunya" <> wrote in message
    > I recieved all these error while trying to start W2K. I was moving
    > around hard drives and then this happened on a restart.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > **STOP PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA
    >

    > "HS device driver
    > beginning dump of physical memory phisical memory dump complete.
    > Contact your system admin or tech support"
    >

    > "a thread tried to release a resource it did not own"
    >
    > "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL"
    >

    > now I get the blue screen everytime I get to the w2k start screen.
    >

    > Please help !

    hello

    if it is possible. putting the drives back to how they were originally -does
    this still produce the error?

    regards

    ooyah, Jul 8, 2003

  3. nunya

    PhilGreg Guest

    "nunya" <> wrote in message
    > I tried that and it did not work.

    [snip]

    Try booting into safe mode and run scannow from start/run. That may
    restore some file(s) that became corrupted.

    --
    Phil

    \\\///
    ( o o )
    --------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

    PhilGreg, Jul 8, 2003
  4. nunya

    nunya Guest

    still cannot get past w2k screen

    nunya, Jul 8, 2003
  5. nunya

    PhilGreg Guest

    "nunya" <> wrote in message
    > still cannot get past w2k screen

    ==> Press F8 while booting. That will get you to a menu from which you
    can select Safe Mode

    --
    Phil

    \\\///
    ( o o )
    --------oOOO-- ( )--OOOo------

    PhilGreg, Jul 8, 2003
  6. nunya

    nunya Guest

    Still get the blue screen

    nunya, Jul 8, 2003
  7. nunya rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > still cannot get past w2k screen

    Hey Nunya. Odd running into you here. <G>

    Anywho, what you might have to do is run a rebuild on it from the
    original 2000 pro cdrom.

    To do this, just boot up on the cdrom, and when it asks if it's a
    new install, or repair an existing, choose the latter...

    It'll ask if you have an ERD (Emergency Recovery Disk), and if you
    do, insert it when it asks for it. If not, no biggie. You just might
    need to reinstall a few programs..but all your data should be there.

    HTH, and catch you in aacf/aadt later...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 8, 2003
  8. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I can't get it to boot from cdrom. I did get the install started with
    the boot disks. I get blue screen or it does not recognize the hard
    drive.

    nunya, Jul 8, 2003
  9. P.S. nunya. If you got your PC from dell/compaq/hp, your 2000 pro cd
    won't work the same way. It could clone the hd...

    Just thought of that. We need to know that before continuing...

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 8, 2003
  10. nunya

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    you mentioned swapping hard drives about earlier, check all the connections
    to the drives making sure no pins are bent or broken on them - can happen
    when pushing the ide cable in and out often

    regards

    ooyah, Jul 8, 2003
  11. nunya

    nunya Guest

    Ijust tried setting the boot to CD and placing the 2000 cd in the
    cdrom and it passed the cd and floppy and went to the HD.

    nunya, Jul 8, 2003
  12. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I got to the c prompt and tried to goto d:\ "Invalid drive
    specification"

    nunya, Jul 9, 2003
  13. nunya rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > I got the PC from Dell. It originally had 98 a few years ago I
    > updated it to 2000.

    OK. You still have that 2000 pro update cd?

    If so, the recovery choice should work fine for you.

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 9, 2003
  14. nunya rambled on about something in
    <>:

    > how do I get to recovery mode?
    >

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:35:44 -0400, Thund3rstruck
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>nunya rambled on about something in
    >><>:
    >>
    >>> I got the PC from Dell. It originally had 98 a few years ago I
    >>> updated it to 2000.

    >> OK. You still have that 2000 pro update cd?
    >>
    >> If so, the recovery choice should work fine for you.

    Simple.

    Boot to the cdrom. When it comes up, you will have a few options.
    One will be a fresh install. One will be recovery, and the third will
    be recovery console.

    You want just the plain recovery mode.

    Personally, I would make 100% sure that both harddisks are seen by
    the cmos before you get to that point. On some Dells, if you hit the
    esc key when the dell screen comes up, you can see a hardware summary
    screen.If not, go into the cmos and make sure it sees both harddisks.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Jul 9, 2003
  15. nunya

    nunya Guest

    I get install , repair or quit

    nunya, Jul 9, 2003
  16. nunya

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    repair > then choose which installation to repair > then hope its worked

    regards

    ooyah, Jul 9, 2003
  17. nunya

    nunya Guest

    "operating system not found"

    nunya, Jul 9, 2003
  18. nunya

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:26:47 GMT, nunya wrote:

    >I get install , repair or quit

    Choose repair.

    <snip>

    --
    "I'm all for co-ed naked spam fighting."
    -- Ereshkigal, nanae, 8/05/2000

    Mara, Jul 9, 2003
  19. nunya

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    ah, not good - reinstall as suggested before maybe

    regards

    ooyah, Jul 9, 2003
  20. nunya

    Mara Guest

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 01:45:29 GMT, nunya wrote:

    >"operating system not found"

    Check the cable connections to your hard drive, and your BIOS settings.

    <snip>

    Mara, Jul 9, 2003