W2K/2K3 discrepencies...

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by SkydiveGuy, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. SkydiveGuy

    SkydiveGuy Guest

    I was following the track to get my MCSA on W2K3 with the
    first exam that I have been studying for being 70-210
    which is for W2K Pro (either that or WXP Pro are a core
    requirement for the W2K3 MCSA cert) because my company
    uses W2K Pro for a client with W2K3 server.... anyways...

    according to this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

    I can follow that OS for the 2K3 cert...cool and groovy...

    but according to this one:
    http://www.microsoft.com/Traincert/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/exp
    erienced.asp

    It is not listed as part of the required certs!

    Even here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/exams/70-210.asp

    Under "Credit Toward Certification" section... it doesnt
    list 70-210 being a core credit towards the W2K3 MCSA cert!

    Which is correct? And PLEASE dont tell me I have to go
    backwards and stick with the W2K track and then take the
    upgrade exam to get certified in W2K3?!

    SkydiveGuy, Nov 21, 2003

  2. SkydiveGuy

    Guest Guest

    Hi, the first link should be correct, Windows 2000 pro or
    Windows XP are used as client OS. So, you should be okay.
    One thing you can do is send an e-mail to
    to ask them.
    Best luck,
    Hasan

    Guest, Nov 21, 2003

  3. SkydiveGuy

    Plain Guest

    Good catch! You are 100% right!
    The Web site needs a little update on the requirement as
    you described.

    No worry, no sweat, w2k is fine for mcsa 2k3
    certification!

    Plain , Nov 21, 2003
  4. SkydiveGuy

    MCSE World Guest

    Yup, 70-210 has been and should always be interchangable with 70-270.
    You're OK.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com