    (The Compaq is running W98 and i wish to make use of the disk)
    Cheers.
    Mike.

    Spike, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Spike

    Harrison Guest

    Can you browse the contents of the disk, or is it an image?
    If you can see am i386 folder, that's the one you need.

    Harrison, Dec 14, 2003

  3. Spike

    Jerry G. Guest

    You can look on the disk for the operating system folder. Usually when it
    comes to the main name brand computers, these recovery disks are dedicated
    to the manufacture type computer that it was bought with. You may have to
    purchase (if still available) an OEM or generic type copy. You would be
    better off with XP Home Addition. Win 98 is no longer going to be supported
    after 2004.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    Jerry G., Dec 14, 2003
  4. Spike

    Spike Guest

    I have tried the i386 folder but it will not let me load (only on a Compaq
    machine)
    Cheers.
    Mike.

    Spike, Dec 14, 2003
  5. Spike

    Miggsee Guest

    All the Compaq restore disks that I've seen are machine specific.
    I have 6 different models that I maintain at work, and the disks are not
    interchangeable.

    Miggsee, Dec 15, 2003