Vyke - Interesting VoIP Provider? 4 Eurocent Per Call?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by News Reader, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    Hi,

    During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
    have identified the following:

    https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKENO&Locale=7

    This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
    offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
    are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
    (most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
    in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
    charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
    also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
    european / US destinations).

    Note: If you go their homepage the referall / distributor link assigned
    appears to be different and to make a different offering (slightly
    concerning / disturbing! - how can you be sure just which offering you would
    / will get on registering and providing funds!... disturbing me thinks - if
    enticing by virtue of the 4 eurocent per call offering... hmm)... (I think I
    / someone need to contact the firm directly). The offering shown by going
    directly to the homepage appears to be "MASKINA" and the offer much less
    attractive to me - [very rough preliminary assessment] - namely free calls
    dependent on the amount topped-up - e.g. $20 top up and get 90 minutes
    free - i.e. bonus credit I believe / understand - confirming this via the
    rates page under this distrbutorship link shows that the rates are indeed
    "non zero").

    Note2: For your information, the good / attractive link (the first above) as
    far as I am concerned... was found by discovering and following the Vyke
    entry in the VoIP price comparison website www.myvoipprovider.com - none of
    them or it are anything to do with me (for reference sake - I know some get
    rather / quite concerned about referal / revenue sharing links, etc. - I am
    nothing to do with any of these!).

    Please let me know what you think, if you know anything, the results of any
    enquiries / research you underatke, etc. :)

    Thanks and best wishes,

    News Reader

    P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is rather
    like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
    pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
    provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP services.
    News Reader, Sep 12, 2006

  2. News Reader

    andy Guest

    News Reader wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
    > have identified the following:
    >
    > https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKENO&Locale=7
    >
    > This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
    > offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
    > are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
    > (most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
    > in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
    > charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
    > also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
    > european / US destinations).
    >
    > Note: If you go their homepage the referall / distributor link assigned
    > appears to be different and to make a different offering (slightly
    > concerning / disturbing! - how can you be sure just which offering you would
    > / will get on registering and providing funds!... disturbing me thinks - if
    > enticing by virtue of the 4 eurocent per call offering... hmm)... (I think I
    > / someone need to contact the firm directly). The offering shown by going
    > directly to the homepage appears to be "MASKINA" and the offer much less
    > attractive to me - [very rough preliminary assessment] - namely free calls
    > dependent on the amount topped-up - e.g. $20 top up and get 90 minutes
    > free - i.e. bonus credit I believe / understand - confirming this via the
    > rates page under this distrbutorship link shows that the rates are indeed
    > "non zero").
    >
    > Note2: For your information, the good / attractive link (the first above) as
    > far as I am concerned... was found by discovering and following the Vyke
    > entry in the VoIP price comparison website www.myvoipprovider.com - none of
    > them or it are anything to do with me (for reference sake - I know some get
    > rather / quite concerned about referal / revenue sharing links, etc. - I am
    > nothing to do with any of these!).
    >
    > Please let me know what you think, if you know anything, the results of any
    > enquiries / research you underatke, etc. :)
    >

    > Thanks and best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader
    >

    > P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is rather
    > like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
    > pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
    > provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP services.

    The rates from the UK site (click falg at bottom of page) are also 0p
    per minute for several countries. The web or sms callback looks
    interesting, but it isn't at that tariff; instead 2.3p per minute
    between landlines. Slightly cheaper can be found for a few countries,
    but not much. Some web-based callback systems can be adapted for
    wap/gprs (eg Enlinea, Voipfone), so it would be interesting to know if
    this one can. I might take a look if the initial credit is modest.
    andy, Sep 14, 2006

  3. News Reader

    andy Guest

    andy wrote:
    > News Reader wrote:
    > > During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
    > > have identified the following:
    > >
    > > https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKENO&Locale=7
    > >
    > > This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
    > > offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
    > > are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
    > > (most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
    > > in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
    > > charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
    > > also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
    > > european / US destinations).
    > >

    > The rates from the UK site (click flag at bottom of page) are also 0p
    > per minute for several countries. The web or sms callback looks
    > interesting, but it isn't at that tariff; instead 2.3p per minute
    > between landlines. Slightly cheaper can be found for a few countries,
    > but not much. Some web-based callback systems can be adapted for
    > wap/gprs (eg Enlinea, Voipfone), so it would be interesting to know if
    > this one can. I might take a look if the initial credit is modest.

    A noticed that the German and Swedish versions say that the offer
    prices are valid until 15 October, so I wonder if the tariff heads
    north after that. The UK one doesn't mention it.
    andy, Sep 14, 2006
  4. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    News Reader expressed precisely :
    > Hi,
    >
    > During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
    > have identified the following:
    >
    > https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/main.c?Distributor=VYKENO&Locale=7
    >
    > This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
    > offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
    > are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
    > (most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
    > in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
    > charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
    > also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
    > european / US destinations).
    >
    > Note: If you go their homepage the referall / distributor link assigned
    > appears to be different and to make a different offering (slightly
    > concerning / disturbing! - how can you be sure just which offering you would
    > / will get on registering and providing funds!... disturbing me thinks - if
    > enticing by virtue of the 4 eurocent per call offering... hmm)... (I think I
    > / someone need to contact the firm directly). The offering shown by going
    > directly to the homepage appears to be "MASKINA" and the offer much less
    > attractive to me - [very rough preliminary assessment] - namely free calls
    > dependent on the amount topped-up - e.g. $20 top up and get 90 minutes
    > free - i.e. bonus credit I believe / understand - confirming this via the
    > rates page under this distrbutorship link shows that the rates are indeed
    > "non zero").
    >
    > Note2: For your information, the good / attractive link (the first above) as
    > far as I am concerned... was found by discovering and following the Vyke
    > entry in the VoIP price comparison website www.myvoipprovider.com - none of
    > them or it are anything to do with me (for reference sake - I know some get
    > rather / quite concerned about referal / revenue sharing links, etc. - I am
    > nothing to do with any of these!).
    >
    > Please let me know what you think, if you know anything, the results of any
    > enquiries / research you underatke, etc. :)
    >

    > Thanks and best wishes,
    >

    > News Reader
    >

    > P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is rather
    > like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
    > pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
    > provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP services.

    Please would you pick / choose a single word / phrase and stop /
    refrain from using all the unnecessary / superfluous obliques and
    synonyms / alternatives....?

    Please..........Thank you.

    I find some of your posts interesting, however, for want of a better
    phrase, I can't be arsed reading 'em.
    Jono, Sep 14, 2006
  5. News Reader

    Al Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 18:27:59 +0100, Jono wrote:

    >Please..........Thank you.

    Please would you not needlessly quote such massive parts of the post
    that you are following up ....... Thank you.

    >I find some of your posts interesting, however, for want of a better
    >phrase, I can't be arsed reading 'em.

    Too true when I have to wade through a mass of needless quoting.
    Al, Sep 14, 2006
  6. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    Al expressed :

    > Thank you.

    You're welcome.
    Jono, Sep 14, 2006
  7. News Reader

    News Reader Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > News Reader expressed precisely :
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed

    line I
    > > have identified the following:

    ** Snip **

    > > Thanks and best wishes,
    > >

    > > News Reader
    > >

    > > P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is

    rather
    > > like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
    > > pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
    > > provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP

    services.

    > Please would you pick / choose a single word / phrase and stop /
    > refrain from using all the unnecessary / superfluous obliques and
    > synonyms / alternatives....?
    >
    > Please..........Thank you.
    >
    > I find some of your posts interesting, however, for want of a better
    > phrase, I can't be arsed reading 'em.

    Understood and agreed. :)

    I will try and cut out the multiple options :) .

    Best wishes,

    News Reader
    News Reader, Sep 15, 2006
  8. News Reader

    Jono Guest

    News Reader submitted this idea :

    > Understood and agreed. :)
    >
    > I will try and cut out the multiple options :) .

    Ta, muchly. I will read your posts with renewed enthusiasm!
    Jono, Sep 15, 2006