VWIC-2MFT-T1 question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Richard Field, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. I tried to do the following with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 card...

    controller T1 0/0
    framing esf
    crc-threshold 320
    clock source internal
    linecode b8zs
    channel-group 0 timeslots 1-12 speed 64
    channel-group 1 timeslots 13-24 speed 64

    in hopes of creating two serial interfaces (serial0/0:0 and
    serial0/0:1) of 768k each running parallel to each other. I want to
    put some traffic on one channel-group and some traffic on the other.
    This is pretty much a QoS thing. I know there are a couple of other
    ways to do this but I thought I would give this a shot. However after
    I enter the second channel-group command I get the following error...

    %Insufficient resources to create channel group

    Is this an IOS problem (I am running IP Plus Version 12.3(5b))? I
    wouldn't think that I would need the VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI card for
    something like this but maybe I do? Or I am trying to do the
    impossible and should suck it up and do some actual QoS configuration.

    richard field
    Richard Field, Jun 24, 2004