VWIC-2MFT-T1 and creating serial interfaces

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Richard R. Field, Jun 25, 2004.

  1. tried to do the following with a VWIC-2MFT-T1 card...

    controller T1 0/0
    framing esf
    crc-threshold 320
    clock source internal
    linecode b8zs
    channel-group 0 timeslots 1-12 speed 64
    channel-group 1 timeslots 13-24 speed 64

    in hopes of creating two serial interfaces (serial0/0:0 and
    serial0/0:1) of 768k each running parallel to each other. I want to
    put some traffic on one channel-group and some traffic on the other.
    This is pretty much a QoS thing. I know there are a couple of other
    ways to do this but I thought I would give this a shot. However after
    I enter the second channel-group command I get the following error...

    %Insufficient resources to create channel group

    Is this an IOS problem (I am running IP Plus Version 12.3(5b))? I
    wouldn't think that I would need the VWIC-2MFT-T1-DI card for
    something like this but maybe I do? Or I am trying to do the
    impossible and should suck it up and do some actual QoS configuration.

    richard field

    Richard R. Field, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Richard R. Field

    Piotr Glaska Guest