    been going on a week or so now.
    anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
    on winvista64.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 21, 2010

  2. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

    > i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
    > update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic popup
    > with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing happens.
    > i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not doing/done
    > anything.
    > it comes back later, of course!
    > been going on a week or so now.
    > anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
    > on winvista64.

    Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
    Java.

    Meat Plow, Aug 21, 2010

  3. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >
    >> i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
    >> update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic popup
    >> with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing happens.
    >> i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not doing/done
    >> anything.
    >> it comes back later, of course!
    >> been going on a week or so now.
    >> anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
    >> on winvista64.

    > Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
    > Java.
    >

    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze among
    other things ..

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 21, 2010
  4. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 15:52:50 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >>
    >>> i noticed people mentioning Vuze here elsewhere. well Vuze wants to
    >>> update itself when its running. fair enough! i get a nice graphic
    >>> popup with button telling me to update, which i 'ok', but nothing
    >>> happens. i have to close the update box after a while becoz its not
    >>> doing/done anything.
    >>> it comes back later, of course!
    >>> been going on a week or so now.
    >>> anyone else getting this? did the update work for others? wondering ..
    >>> on winvista64.

    >> Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
    >> Java.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    > same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
    > among other things ..

    If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
    checkbox.

    Meat Plow, Aug 22, 2010
  5. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> Works ok in linux. Looks as if the linux version relies heavily upon
    >>> Java.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    >> same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
    >> among other things ..

    > If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
    > checkbox.
    >

    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now .
    the update promises; faster downloads, better library support, imporved
    multi torrent file support.
    im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock me
    out altogether, a la msn messenger.
    msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use an
    earlier one anymore! ...

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 23, 2010
  6. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:52:42 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:

    > "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 23:33:03 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> same here i think. when java wants to update it asks to shut down vuze
    >>> among other things ..

    >> If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
    >> checkbox.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    > sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now . the update promises; faster
    > downloads, better library support, imporved multi torrent file support.
    > im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock
    > me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
    > msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use
    > an earlier one anymore! ...

    I've had no issues with the linux version. Type in a search, the torrent
    downloads. I've noticed what seems to be private trackers in the list
    also. Demonoid for one. I don't think they have an open tracker. Speed is
    good as long as seeding peers are numerous. Most open peers like to limit
    outgoing bandwidth. Some are there to just leech. Peer exchange seems to
    work ok. Good luck with the updates.

    Meat Plow, Aug 23, 2010
  7. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 11:52:42 +0100, Zu Arsschlaark! wrote:
    >
    >> "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message

    >>> If it works as is I wouldn't do anything but find the disable update
    >>> checkbox.
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    >> sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now . the update promises; faster
    >> downloads, better library support, imporved multi torrent file support.
    >> im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might lock
    >> me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
    >> msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to use
    >> an earlier one anymore! ...

    > I've had no issues with the linux version. Type in a search, the torrent
    > downloads. I've noticed what seems to be private trackers in the list
    > also. Demonoid for one. I don't think they have an open tracker. Speed is
    > good as long as seeding peers are numerous. Most open peers like to limit
    > outgoing bandwidth. Some are there to just leech. Peer exchange seems to
    > work ok. Good luck with the updates.
    >

    > --
    > Live Fast, Die Young and Leave a Pretty Corpse

    thanks i'll see how it goes.
    demonoid. i have an account. my seeding is more than my downloads actually,
    so no issues there.

    Zu Arsschlaark!, Aug 23, 2010
  8. Zu Arsschlaark!

    chuckcar Guest

    "Zu Arsschlaark!" <> wrote in

    > sure it works , ok. it seems to .. for now .
    > the update promises; faster downloads, better library support,
    > imporved multi torrent file support.
    > im concerned that if i miss enough updates, as i still am, it might
    > lock me out altogether, a la msn messenger.
    > msn aka wlm forced an upgrade to latest version and i wasnt able to
    > use an earlier one anymore! ...

    But they don't actually say what their fixing. Cute. just disable it
    until you find out *if* they're actually fixing bugs or if the update is
    a) actually available or b) the update improves something substantial
    (as opposed to the above vagueness) that you need improving.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Aug 23, 2010
  9. Zu Arsschlaark!

    Tony Guest

    Maybe he needs bug spray.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day
    on the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Aug 23, 2010