  1. hkfainet

    hkfainet Guest

    which is better?Is it the same?What is different?

    hkfainet, Aug 11, 2003

  2. hkfainet

    billyw Guest

    definately

    billyw, Aug 11, 2003

  3. hkfainet

    Rick Guest

    I personally will never use Prometric again. I had a problem rescheduling a
    test over the internet and ended up forfeiting my test fee. I called to
    discuss my issues and was treated like I was stupid. I don't understand the
    issue as I did not want a refund I simply wanted to take the test (typical
    big corporation no customer service for the little guy). The bottom line was
    I would have to pay again. I will now be much more careful about
    rescheduling any test and make sure I get an email confirmation. All I can
    tell you is be careful with either if you ever have to reschedule.

    Rick, Aug 11, 2003
  4. hkfainet

    Beoweolf Guest

    Same here, I used to look at Vue as a Wannabe test center. After several
    negative experiences with Prometric, scheduling conflicts and poor customer
    service, I tried Vue. I have found the site I visit to be help,
    accommodating and most importantly...they send in and post test results in a
    timely manner!

    There is only one thing worse than seeing "Fail" on a test and that is NOT
    seeing your Pass results posted at the vendor site for days or weeks
    after.Something just doesn't seem right for a computer test center to not be
    able to transfer data in a timely manner, without you having to contact them
    and run a steeplechase to get your results. You would think for the
    exorbitant test fees, they could at least get that right!

    Beoweolf, Aug 12, 2003
  5. hkfainet

    Paul Hanlon Guest

    Hi there,

    Never used Prometric but have heard some horror stories
    about it. Have had no problems with Vue and have sat 9
    exams through them so far.

    Go to www.vue.com and sign up for a username, the password
    will be mailed to you. Once you have it log in and
    schedule your exams. I have never had to even speak to
    Vue and have re-scheduled 3 exams so far.

    As far as results I have found them posted on the site on
    the same day and on the Transcript the next day.

    Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA, MCSE

    Paul Hanlon, Aug 12, 2003
  6. hkfainet

    Japes Guest

    Personally I think its more down to the actual testing centre, as my local
    Prometric centre has good equipment and I've not a had a problem with them
    in any of the 8 exams I've sat there. I've booked exams both over the phone
    and online and barring forgetting my password I can't say I've had any
    problems there either. I would add that I usually book the exams 6 weeks
    in-advance and have several times changed that booking a couple of days
    before hand when I didn't feel ready for the exams.

    Some people may say I'm just lucky, but I do think some (SOME not all) of
    the "horror" stories are due to people thinking that the rules didn't apply
    to them, I've also heard of people having problems at VUE centres (we don't
    have any locally).

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Japes

    Have you found any Celestine Insights in your life yet?

    Japes, Aug 12, 2003
  7. I think there is no much diffrent between these two
    becouse i have appear in both test center recently when i
    completed my mcse.So you should not be woried about it.

    M Arsahd mirza, Aug 13, 2003
  8. I think there is no much diffrent between these two

    M Arsahd mirza, Aug 13, 2003
  9. hkfainet

    Beoweolf Guest

    I agree with your observation that the physical building, test stations,
    computers may be a moot point. Matter of fact, many test centers are
    franchised(?), certified with both organizations. The issue is what happens
    to your test scores after it is submitted to the parent organization or how
    you are treated in exceptional cases? A critical reading, interpretation of
    most of the messages centers the complaint on customer server,
    administration from the parent organization. Prometric has been slipping
    over the last year or so.Taking weeks to process and submit test scores to
    Microsoft...incomplete download or delayed download to the test center for
    tests already scheduled and paid for.

    I don't see this as "bashing" Prometric, most of the complainants have been
    restrained, mentioning good experiences...in the past. It's just that lately
    they have been repeated dropping the ball. When someone reports a personal
    experience, that may be negative, it doesn't mean that every experience will
    be negative...it only means that their personal experience was less than
    satisfactory. If you chose to discount, ignore or rebut that message, great;
    however, it doesn't invalidate the negative experience of the original post,
    nor address the stated administrative issues that have been brought up.

    Beoweolf, Aug 13, 2003
  10. hkfainet

    Cheeseburger Guest

    I've had great service with Prometric.
    Two times I was scheduled for an exam and the testing center was closed due
    to and emergency. Actually the lab administrator failed to show up to work.
    When I called Prometric they immediatly called the testing center to verify
    the closure and let me re-schedule the test.

    Cheeseburger, Aug 13, 2003
  11. hkfainet

    Consultant Guest

    everytime i see your posts i crave a cheeseburger

    Consultant, Aug 13, 2003
  12. "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > everytime i see your posts i crave a cheeseburger

    Me too. I wish he'd freaking change his handle. I'm trying to lose weight
    here.

    --
    Fris "Yuengling" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 13, 2003
  13. hkfainet

    Consultant Guest

    here are some suggestions for him:

    spinach
    asparagus
    any type of fish
    duck

    Consultant, Aug 13, 2003
  14. "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > any type of fish

    > From now on your Delti Tau Chi name is... Flounder.

    And you're is Pinto.

    Why Pinto?

    <Belch> Because.

    Anyone know what Blutarski -really- said according to National Lampoon
    Magazine?

    --
    Fris "<Censored>" bee® MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 13, 2003
  15. hkfainet

    JaR Guest

    "Frisbee® MCNGP" <bhileman@dasi-

    > Me too. I wish he'd freaking change his handle. I'm trying to lose

    weight
    > here.
    >

    > --
    > Fris "Yuengling" bee® MCNGP #13

    No comment

    J.R. "Samuel Smith Lager" Jones

    JaR, Aug 13, 2003
  16. hkfainet

    Neo Guest

    I had no experience of VUE and I had experiences of Prometic in only one of
    its test center in MA.

    Every time I took test, I found the program crashing at least once (not sure
    if this is an MS problem).

    At one time, I scheduled at 9:30 AM Saturday. I arrived at 9:15am as
    advised. Its door is lock and nobody is inside (totally dark rooms). I
    waited and waited. I tried to call the Prometic 800 number. But no one was
    answering phone because it's Saturday.

    Then, at about 10:20am, just when I decided to stop waiting, the guy finally
    come...

    He must do a lot other stuff before serving me. The actual exam didn't
    start until 10:40 AM

    Thomas

    Neo, Aug 14, 2003