    Don Roberts Guest

    What is better for testing, VUE or Prometric?
    Thanks.
    Don Roberts, Nov 25, 2003

  2. Don Roberts

    SWE Guest

    I don't think it's really a matter of Vue or Prometric but rather the
    testing center itself. Find a center that is open the hours you need it
    (i.e. if you can only test after work or on the weekend, make sure their
    hours accommodate you), and try to get one with at least 17" monitors,
    preferably flat. If possible, try to talk to someone who's taken a test
    there so you can find out the pros and cons, like does the door squeak every
    time someone comes and goes, do the machines crap out in the middle of
    questions (slow transition from one question to the next is common, but
    sometimes the exam seems to bomb for a minute or two which can really
    disrupt your flow). I haven't ever used a Vue center, so I could be wrong,
    but I've asked this question also and gotten similar feedback.

    Good luck.

    SWE, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Don Roberts

    MCSE World Guest

    I've used both and the bottom line is which one do you like better.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Nov 25, 2003
  4. Don Roberts

    JJ Guest

    I was a Prometric user until they pulled out of the testing center I always
    used. Now it's a VUE center and nothing has really changed. Both are great
    (at least here in southern Maine) and I've never had any problems, even with
    beta exams. Well lit, clean testing areas, solid machines, cute Exam
    Administrator. Can't ask for anything more than that. :)
    However, I wish I could move my records from Prometric to VUE seamlessly.
    Oh well ...

    - JJ

    JJ, Nov 25, 2003
  5. Don Roberts

    Guest Guest

    Certification Server and then they download the exams
    from there that's all.

    So , if you pass your exams at VUE or PROMETRIC , it's
    gonna to be the same
    Guest, Nov 25, 2003
  6. Don Roberts

    brianz Guest

    What you will find though is the test engine they use are different. I
    prefer the VUE one, especially if you need to review and/or comment on the
    questions. This is especially noticable when taking beta's and you try to
    leave comments.
    Other than that it's personnel preference. My local Prometric centre use
    TFT's and is air conditioned, but can have upto 6 in the room. The VUE is
    normal CRT, no aircon but you are alone (and can mutter and moan to your
    hearts content!)

    Brian

    brianz, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Don Roberts