    I know Cisco says this is not good, but wont kill a network. This
    network has been running this way for years. Has anyone else seen this
    setup and what were the issues this setup caused?
    darrell, Dec 17, 2006

  2. OK. Let's assume all your VTP servers have the same VTP Domain Revision
    version. Now somebody changes one "insignificant VLAN" (for example, purge
    VLAN he's not using at his switch). This will be propagated through ALL your
    switches, and you will not know where the change come from. Another
    scenario - your server crashed and lost it's VLANs database. switch booted
    up and has NEWER revision number, so, ALL your switches will synchronize to
    that failed switch. Or even better scenario - you configured new switch
    offline, defined VTP domain and no VLANs. Then you connect the switch to the
    network, and since VTP information is newer than on all other switches, ALL
    your VLANs will be deleted in your whole company. Sure "it won't kill the
    network"...

    Good luck,

    Mike
    ------