    Do I need an "add-in" to do this .. I didn't before.

    Any help would be most appreciated.

    Abay

    Abay, Jul 4, 2009

  2. Abay wrote:
    > Hello .. I just upgraded to Firefox 3.5 after reading a review of how fast
    > it was. It does seem to be faster than my previous 3.? version. However I
    > have a problem added a url to my bookmarks toolbar. In previous versions I
    > could drag the current url to the toolbar, unfortunately I can't do this
    > with the latest version.
    >
    > Do I need an "add-in" to do this .. I didn't before.
    >
    > Any help would be most appreciated.
    >
    > Abay

    nope, it works for me. As a test, close FF, then click
    on the windows start button, then run and enter:

    firefox.exe -safe-mode

    this will start FF in safe mode, which means FF will
    start without any addons, themes, etc. Test out FF.
    Does the problem continue in safe mode?

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 4, 2009

  3. Abay

    Abay Guest

    Many thanks for your reply Peter .. unfortunately starting in safe mode did
    not do the trick. I still cannot drag a url to my bookmarks tool bar .. a
    circle with the / through it ..

    Abay

    Abay, Jul 5, 2009
  4. Abay

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 18:40:18 -0700, Abay wrote:

    > Many thanks for your reply Peter .. unfortunately starting in safe mode did
    > not do the trick. I still cannot drag a url to my bookmarks tool bar .. a
    > circle with the / through it ..

    Can you add a bookmark by any other bookmarking methods here?:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks#How_to_bookmark_a_page>

    If not, have a look at these articles:
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks+not+saved>
    <http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Bookmarks+and+toolbar+buttons+not+working+after+upgrading>

    and then see if trying all the steps including the optional #1 and #4
    in the "Places database file" section in those above articles helps.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jul 6, 2009